Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Nice Sweat

Yo yo! Wassup? haha!

I attended a really nice concert on Sunday evening .. wow, I was even close to not going. Anyways, my friend asked me to go as she was part of the Fredericton Chamber Players group. This concert was hosted with the Fredericton Choral Society with the lieutenant governor being the guest narrator. I really enjoyed the first two pieces: Die Weihe Des Hause Overture (Consecration of the Houses) by Beethoven and the A God Disguised, Opus 24 by Larsson. Beethoven's piece was amazing. A lively and lyrical piece that was just delicious!

It really provoked lots of memories of previous concerts I've attended in the past. I remember the time when CCANB managed to get the Su Wen Ching ensemble to come over from Taiwan - the music literally brought tears to my eyes. The audience wouldn't let them go and there were at least 4 encores. The other memorable concert was up in Bathurst.. travelled all the way up there to hear the Vienna Symphony play. Amazing eh? Ludmilia Kneskova Hussey (a famous Russian pianist) managed to bring them over as a finale for her world famous piano competition. I personally really enjoy it when they play pieces I recognize - and of course, they played the famous Blue Daniel for us :D Speaking of recognizable pieces, I remember also being at another concert where the Waltz in C#- (C Sharp Minor) by Chopin was played.. low and behold, I was actually playing that piece myself at the time! (Don't ask me to play it now because I can't remember how to :P)

The latest development in my housing situation is I'm seriously considering living in Residence. It's going to be almost the same pricing as living in a bachelorette pad or even sharing with my friend (as we'd probably need to live riverside (wherever that is :P) and the rent would be about $700/month). I'm thinking of moving to a place called Horizen Towers. It has a gym, swimming pool and is fairly new.. ooo la la!!

Alright.. I'm going to do some yoga (learning it.. gees.. I'm always so sore the next morning -- it really works the muscles though it's so slow moving).

Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home