Friday, April 22, 2005

Semi-Work Frustration

Ah.. sweet bliss it's Friday. The end of a busy week!

So my title here all has to do with some mis-communication at times in the office. Sometimes I feel as if my boss(es) just throw things at me to get finished without properly communicating the information to me. There are times there have been things that have been mis-communicated and I think they think I forgot or I missed some piece of the information. *sigh*.. it can become such a frustration sometimes.

My job is technically just 'secretary' but I'm also serving as a webmaster, computer technician (ya, it's funny because I'm not all that informed about solving computer problems) and a financial everything.

Financial stuff.. within a university system can sometimes be rather overwhelming when you haven't been trained with the basics. Every little piece of activity has to have some reasoning behind it. I'm responsible for making sure we receive each child's monthly tuition from the preschool, deposits, any expenses coming out (cheque requisitions, purchase orders, etc..) and reconciling the accountS (there are at least 5 accounts that have regular activity!). When I first started this job (2 years ago), I was told to reconcile the accounts even though I didn't know how a P.O. worked or what came out of what account. It was sort of mind boggling because the finances of that office were in such a disorganized mess! There was paper work still randomly floating around a year after I started to get some organization in the office. I actually like the high intensity days when there are things being thrown at me left and right, but what frustrates me is that sometimes they expect things to be done a certain way or by a certain time and things haven't been properly told to me. I guess every job has it's ups and downs and my job ain't that bad!

Enough about work. These last few days have been pretty busy. Was at the music festival again on Wednesday and taught again that evening. Then, yesterday morning I attended another festival class which ran longer than I thought it would, so that made me miss another student's festival class! At least I attended one class each at the minimum! My parents are back now and it's nice to not have to do everything anymore..hehehe..

My mom made me laugh at the airport yesterday. She turned around and said she had purchased a ___ (insert big item purchase here), as if it were an everyday occurance! I'm not going to write what the big item purchase was because I'm not sure the news is official yet and also not sure they want to whole community to know yet :P (Trust me, things spread like mad around here).

Speaking of spreading news: on Sunday, I was at Chinese School and at least 2 people stopped me to say that they heard I was leaving in the fall. I was like...!?!?!??! how did YOU know?! Man.. word travels SOOOOOOOOOOo fast. Apparantly there is also a piano teacher that lives a few streets down (no idea who she is) and even SHE knows I'm leaving !? Ehhhh.. it's a bit freaky? Just to know that people know me who I don't know? Errr. Anyways, back to Chinese school.. they were saying things like "we are going to miss you" and "we are losing you???" and I felt so touched! I haven't been as active within CCANB for the last few years, but even after being semi MIA for a few years, I'm still remembered. It's nice to be missed ;)

Alrighty, that's all for now. Ciao!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home