Thursday, April 07, 2005

No Name #2

It's Thursday night and I am tired.. actually, make that exhausted! I did 45 mins of nonstop cardio (a record for me, I did an hour of cardio one day but that was broken upinto two times) and did the weekly cleaning (allergies force me to vacuum and mop everyweek).

Anyway, I was talking to some of my co-workers about teaching and it made me think..teachers are REALLY stressed out. Did you know that when they are on bus duty, theyhave to be at school before 7am and stay until the last bus leaves? On top of that,they also have to prepare their own class work, mark papers or tests. Oh ya, and don't forget lunch duty. The thing that would probably stress me out more would be dealing with students that have bad attitudes and PARENTS that don't support the teacher. What a underpaid and under respected profession. As one of my co workers said "anyone who goes into Education can't have an ego". How true. It sort of makes me furious at the way we treat teachers.. Remember my previous comparison of teachers and the medical profession? Well, all these on duty type situations are sort of the "on call" and the"after hours" that the doctors put in. Of course, I still say that doctors are morestressed out and overworked than teachers, but teachers are right up there. Today's society demands so much of students which in turn puts more pressure on teachers. Plus,all of the social problems we see....

The little weak chick is getting a little better everyday. He was actually fluffy today and looking cute. Too bad they don't stay that size eh? hehehe..

I guess I'm going to finish up here.. it's getting late. I just wanted to say thanks to all my supportive friends! You guys put a big smile on my face when I received greetings from you about my acceptance...THANK YOU!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home