Wednesday, April 06, 2005

YUPPI and Ahchoo!

YA!! My paranoia has paid off! I got accepted into the BEd program at OU! That's the Bachelor of Education program at the University of Ottawa for anyone that needed clarification :) I checked my status online on Monday and it said Admitted. I was shocked! I didn't expect them to post the real status!

I got my official acceptance letter in the mail yesterday along with a package. There was sooooo much information to look at and fill out. I had to confirm that I wanted to attend the university by April 15th (next week!!) plus send in $200 as a deposit by the same date.. whoa man. At this rate, I'm going to be so broke!

My feelings now are stunned/excited/nervous/worried. I feels surreal that I'm going to be there next year, in the school system, doing intern work, in a different city. Aie yie yie, so many things to do and plan before I leave! Plus, I've got to be tested for TB, get my criminal record check in order, fill out those forms about courses I want to take and figure out how to fill out the form about my internship (they are asking questions like: What major intersection do you live by? What are your top three choices for schools?)...errr.. I dunno? My mind is whirling!

Update on the chicks in the classroom: There was one wobbly one that was born.. his legs were really weak and he couldn't stand up properly. He's better now. There was one that had to be helped out of his shell and he's reeeeeeeeally weak. Well, better than yesterday. We thought he wouldn't make it through the night but he's up and around today. He looks like one of the baby chicks to the other baby chicks.. so you can imagine.

The weather is going up to +13C today! OMG!! WOW! My flowers are blooming.. I'll try to take a picture of them today.

Alright. That's all for now.

3 Comments:

At 7:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

 
At 3:24 p.m., Blogger slaw said...

Congratulatios JY!! So i guess i only need to make 1 stop in Toronto to see all you guys! =)

 
At 7:29 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

Congratulations Jar Yee. If you're ever in Toronto, look me up.

Btw slaw, Ottawa is still a few hours away from Toronto. Just far enough to make me not go unless I have a really good reason, but close enough to make me feel guilty about not going if I have a decent reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home