Monday, March 21, 2005

Marvellous Short Week Ahead!!

Oh ya!! Easter Weekend.. a long weekend.. vonderful! Now all we need is some glorious weather!

I was watching a program on Saturday morning (while I was doing cardio of course) about "New Zealand's Most Wanted) that talked about how there were new animals/insects introduced into the country that caused chaos. They were talking about this mite that is only such a puny little thing, but it was killing the country's bees. All because of this puny thing, their fruit industry was in great danger because of course, Bees pollinate fruit - KIWI! So they could stand to lose billions of dollars.. OK, it's not that I'm totally naive about that, but still.. it was really disturbing.. I mean, even though their customs is one of the best (grade given: A+), how can they really catch every tiny thing that enters into the country? Those mites came in when they were eggs! Even one bug could cause a huge and devestating effect.

Yesterday was a pretty frustrating day at Chinese school. The students were being really sassy and I was starting to lose patience. I think I'm going to establish some classroom rules (which is what I probably should have done in the first place!) and be more strict with them. It's sort of mind boggling how saucy and manipulative some kids can be.. (not that any of the kids in my class are truly bad.. but some comments I've heard ..... !). To keep my venting short, yesterday was a day that made me reconsider whether or not I want to be a teacher!!

Thats it for today!

1 Comments:

At 11:33 a.m., Blogger slaw said...

Arhhh....I have to wait till the end of May to have my FIRST long weekend this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home