Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Saturday Afternoon Ramble

Hiho peeps.. JY in the hood.. HAHAHA.. j/k... I haven't gone nuts .. I've just had a Tim Horton's large coffee in the hopes of winning a vehicle or some snazzy prize. Unfortunately, I got the lovely message "Please try again" .. BLEH!

I just "finished" my income taxes.. hahah.. how pathetic are they.. I get to skip half of the boxes. I guess I should count myself lucky, I'm sure in another 10 or 20 years, I'll be in a pissy mood when I have to sit down for taxes..! Being poor has its bonuses, I don't have to pay the government!! haha.. err.. ahem..

Yesterday was an insane day at work. I actually ended up working overtime and could barely get myself out of the office. It was just one thing after another .. and everyone was in and out (as was I) so I felt sort of crazed. But ah... that's the kind of job I enjoy! It makes me AWAKE and the adrenaline is rushing to get things done.. :D


Hmm.. so it's officially March Break now. I still have a full day of teaching tomorrow, and will also be working from home most of next week. Not much of a break, but at least I can sleep in. I wonder how much blogging I'll be doing.. not as much incentive to blog from home.. the boredom factor isn't as high.

Are there any Survivor watchers out there? Man.. it's sort of weird (and a bit uncomfortable) this round because the contestants were unaware that they were going to start when they got picked up. So there they were in their everyday street & work clothes going out to Palau. Since it's a tropical location (as always.. I wonder whether they will ever do a Survivor Canada or something?? haha.. probably not!), they are all running around in their underwear and bras.. umm.. for guys, it's not too bad.. but for some of the girls.. WHOA man. Especially one girl in particular.. I see that they frequently have to put those "blind" spots up.. ehhhhhhhh...

My voice is getting raspier and raspier these days. I'm starting to get a little bit of a cough.. YUCK! Ah well, at least I'm not bed ridden.. that would be so depressing.

Oh, the weather is still cold, but it's getting really good at make-believe it's spring. The sun is shining, you can hear some birds tweeting away. Plus, it's staying light our longer. Ah.. I wonder when spring will really arrive?

I'm considering taking a road trip in the next little while.. perhaps to Montreal or MAYBE Ottawa. I don't know.. it's a lot of driving .. and although it can sometimes be enjoyable.. it's still exhausting and time consuming (not that I'll fly :P). Hmm.. I always think though, if I'm already all the way to Ottawa, I might as well go the distance and go all the way to Toronto.. but ooo.. that could be rather dangerous .. the amount of money that can be spent in that place.. but oooo the food.. the stores...... (can't you just SEE the little devil and angel sitting on either shoulder now??).

I have something to rant about. The other morning, I was driving to work/school.. along Beaverbrook Street. When I got to where it intersects Windsor.. boy.. I was shocked. Now, let's set up the scenario: I'm driving towards the university, there are cars driving in the other direction, there are also cars waiting to turn up onto Windsor street (facing the opposite direction as me) and there are cars waiting to turn left off of Windsor. (see picture I will post shortly). TWO cars turn off of Windsor just because I slowed down to let a pedestrian cross the street.. what irks me is that TWO of them went while there was SO much traffic in their way. I mean, the first car was just being retarded, but the 2nd car was !??!?!?!?! !@)#(*!@#)(8 .. I almost honked at the driver, but I noticed she was a girl I knew in Junior High.. so I didn't. But GOOD GRIEF, DO YOU WANT A 4 WAY ACCIDENT?!?!? What's wrong with people around here!?!? I swear, people are radical, road raging, insane, impatient, and RUDE drivers around here. ARGH!

Breathing on now.. hehehe .. I sort of went book crazy the other day.. bought five books from Chapters.. ehhh.. ya.. I don't know what's wrong with me :P I'm justifying it by saying that it's better to purchase the books than borrowing them from the library because the books from the library may be full of germs.. umm..sure.

Alright.. that's all for now. Have a splendid weekend people!

3 Comments:

At 6:41 p.m., Blogger Keith said...

Hey JY, I just bought 5 books as well today. My justification is that most of them aren't in the library anyways, but I like your excuse better. ;)

I agree that those drivers you described are awful, but I still like Fredericton drivers better than Toronto drivers. The margin of difference seems to get smaller and smaller every time I come back to Fredericton though.

 
At 5:33 p.m., Blogger Jeff said...

Yes, JY, you want to come to Toronto. I'll take you shopping... weeee!

 
At 5:47 p.m., Blogger jaryee said...

does that mean you'll fund my shopping spree(s)?? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home