Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tuesday's P.S!

Thanks Stella, you reminded me of what I was thinking/dreaming of today!

I was driving past FHS (high school) this afternoon on my way to fill up the car with some expensive gas (on the plus side, it's been going down by 1 cent each day, lucky me: I waited til I really needed to fill up so I got it at 94.9 cents/L!) when I saw all these high-schoolers lounging around on the fields near the school. It brought back some really fond memories of my friends and I meeting outside for lunch on beautiful sunny spring/early summer days. Ah.. those were the days of my grade 12 year.. fond memories because all of us were anticipating graduation (plus we were having that grade 12 syndrome).

Anyhow, last thing before I really go to bed. There's a looming teacher's strike over here (they are in the position to go on strike, but haven't yet) and so the high schoolers are getting 2 hr lunch breaks (because the group of teachers supervising the first hour will get their full hour of lunch break after they finish their supervision schedule..and the 2nd group gets their full hour during the 1st hr..). Anyhow, today, on CBC, they were saying that because of the 2 hr break, students were getting into "trouble". Trouble means "hanky-panky" in the woods near the Ecole St. Anne (French School), drinking and getting high off drugs. Hmm!!

GNITE!

1 Comments:

At 5:05 p.m., Blogger slaw said...

Dont u feel old seeing all those high-schoolers?? ......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home