Monday, April 18, 2005

Glorious Weekend!

The weather was absolutely GORGEOUS this weekend! Yesterday, we reached a sunny level of 21 Degrees C! OH MY! Everyone was out and about in shorts and a t-shirt. It was sooooo nice to be outside! I had the windows wide open and used the weather to my advantage (mostly!). Did more spring cleaning yesterday such as washing the cars (without freezing my hands off), raking, sweeping etc.. Plus, now I can hang clothes outside to dry on the line. I may have mentioned this before, but I really like to watch clothes flapping in the wind on a clothesline.. there's something beautiful (? ok.. not the right word.. maybe its "freeing") about it!

I was thinking yesterday, summer always makes us feel so free. Free spirted sort of. Perhaps its because most of us relate the summer with vacation and therefore everyone is in better spirits? I'm already starting to imagine all the things I'll get to do when I'm on summer vacation as a teacher..lol! BTW people.. even though teachers get paid over the summer, it's more like they squeeze your pay that is really meant to be for 9 months into 12 months.. :(

The week has finally arrived: Music Festival. I'm seeing those kids walking into the building with their pretty spring dresses and shoes.. boy, does it bring back memories of TERROR. Hehehe.. why do I make them do it? It's a good way to learn how to control your nervousness and to gain perspective about competition. Anyhow.. this week is going to be pretty brutal because of it. I've got to attend one class this afternoon and then teach again this evening; another student on Wednesday morning and one in the afternoon + teaching in the evening; Thursday will be most brutal: 1 student at 9am, 1 at 9:45am, on at 10:30 (which I absolutely cannot attend, but it's ok) and one at 3:10pm plus picking up my parents at the airport at 11!! (forget blogging on Thursday! :P). Boy, will I be ready to flop down on Friday!

All this beautiful weather is making me feel like going outside.. hehehe.. it's pretty nice out again today, but not as warm. Maybe it's time to start swimming again? I wonder how I'm going to keep up with my cardio now that the good weather has begun?? I usually like to swim in the summer as it's less sweaty ..hehehe.. of course, the pool schedule is pretty inconvenient for me and it's also really busy there, so I'll have to figure something out. Plus, I like to go for walks in the evening by the river.. it's just so peaceful and nice! Lots of Frederictonians enjoy a walk along the riverside in the evenings.. I will definitely miss it when I leave (who knows though, I may be back for the summer(s)..HEHEHEH!!)

Alrighty, thats all for now! Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home