Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Rain, rain, go away

Hiho! It's another week (omg). This past weekend was a slacker weekend. I woke up with sinus pain both on Saturday & Sunday (joy) so I didn't really have the initiative to do much. I did get around to transcribing some chinese kid's songs for my students who have been requesting that we learn some new songs for a while. I also did up a poster for work which I'm pretty happy about (gotta love templates!).

The weather has been pretty miserable these last few days. The sun is finally shining after 4 days of rain (and 4 more days of rain to come!). There is actually a flood warning now.. *sigh*. The grass seems to have also miraculously turned green.. I guess god must have been busy one night with a paintbrush?

CCANB (Chinese School) is currently busy planning summer activities. They plan to partake in the Canada Day parade (again) and asked me to be in charge. I don't think we have the capability to come up with anything new, but have decided to try to at least make the truck a bit more interesting than usual. Anyhow, I'm not overly excited about organizing that :P They are also making plans for their annual summer camp which is always the highlight of the summer (for CCANB of course). This year will be the first year that they don't have teachers coming over from Taiwan. Apparantly every stop that the teachers make has to sit out one year?? I had no idea.. I don't ever remember there being a year that they didn't come! Anyways, this shall be interesting. They have been trying to convince me to stay until the camp is over.. it could happen, but I don't know if I want to tie myself up with camp during my last week here?

Recently, I discovered that teachers have portfolios. Boy, that would have been nice to know a few years ago :P Apparantly they keep recommendation letters from other professionals, letters from previous students and parents, examples of curriculum they've planned, pictures of activities, etc in those portfolios. Hmm.. I figure I should try to get some stuff together before I leave for Ottawa.. better now than when I start to job hunt eh? Gah.. another thing to do. My mind is whirling!

I don't know how I'm going to pack or what I'm going to bring over. I guess the biggest dilemma now is: how long am I going to be in Ottawa? one year? two? It's not really worth purchasing too much if I'm only there for a year! My parents have already decided that they want to do a yard sale this summer.. purge as much stuff as possible as they are planning to leave the province in about 3 years. When I look around my house, there is so much STUFF that it makes me shiver at the thought of how much work its going to be to get ready to move half way across the country!!!

Alright, I haven't accomplished much since coming into the office so I think I better do something now. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home