Friday, April 29, 2005

Enough Rain Already!

Geeee.. you think it's rained enough YET?!!?!?!? I think it's probably easier to count the sunny days we've had in the last two weeks: 3 days (maybe)!! If it doesn't flood, there must be some sort of miracle work going on underground..cuz it's been raining pretty heavily for the last two days.

Anyways, it's Friday.. again! At the rate time is going, I've been trying to make myself not procrastinate because I have a feeling that as soon as I turn my back, it's going to be time to move and I'll be freaking out.

I'm so frustrated with this university. Actually, I've already got it in my mind that all universities don't really get back to students on questions and concerns. HOW ANNOYING! I emailed the registrar yesterday about them putting "Minor in CS" on my transcript, but of course, nobody got back to me. Come'on people, I had to run around and around and around for 1.5 months last summer to get permission to finish my minor, and now I have to run around for another month to get it to appear on my transcript? GIVE ME A BREAK! AND I emailed U of Ottawa's faculty of education to find out whether I'd be able to change my concentration from Junior/Intermediate (gr 3-10) to Primary/Junior (K-6) but their automated response was that I had to wait 24-48hrs because it was busy over there... well, it's been more than 48 hours now.... am I ever going to hear from them? I considered calling them, but then didn't want to be one of those pushy people that couldnt wait their turn. Hmm.. what should I do?

Speaking of my concentration, I have been sort of uncomfortable with being in the Junior/Intermediate program rather than the Primary/Intermediate program. Of course, for some stupid reason I chose the Junior/Intermediate program while I was filling out my application forms. Reason I feel uncomfortable with my decision is because I really rather be working with young children than teens. I think I'd be happier with the younger group. On the other hand, there is a bigger demand for secondary school teachers and probably higher pay to match that. But is it worth not doing what I truly want to be doing? I've already made the decision to be a teacher and that in itself took a long time to get to (I think it's what I was meant to do in life.. I wanted to be a teacher when I was little, I always played "school", my volunteer work has mostly led me back to working with children, but most importantly, I just love kids!) .. so why not go all the way and work where I am truly happy?

I don't really have much planned for the weekend. I'm hoping the weather will clear up so that I can start planting some of my flower seeds... mmm

Alright, that's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home