Thursday, February 03, 2005

This Week is Flying

Wow.. it's already Thursday.. gees! I know I've said it many times, but time really flies! When I was teaching on Monday, I started to date one of my student's lesson as December.. omg. Hmm.. that reminds me, I have to CALL my students .. oppsy (how forgetful of me)

Speaking of forgetfulness.. I think I'm becoming more and more forgetful. No, it's not early signs of Alzheimer's, it's my mind becoming like anti-remembering..or perhaps.. selective memory? Last night, I was trying to remember myself studying for Data structures.. but I couldn't remember how/how much I studied! Also, I can barely remember what I learned! hahahah!! On the other hand, I do remember specific vocabulary that my Chinese school students are learning.. go figure.

Starting to plan for the fall now. Seriously thinking about money issues and backup plans. *sigh* You know, I wonder how any of us are ever going to be able to afford half the things that our parents provided for us. If you live in a big city, can you IMAGINE being able to save enough money to pay off a car, house plus your monthly expenses? Forget about education fund for your children and being able to afford a vacation! The expense list seems endless.. life insurance, RRSP, investments, blah blah blah blah.. gahhhhh..

I just noticed that the website for Empire Theatres lies. Sort of. It doesn't seem to give an accurate list of "coming soon" movies. They didn't have Phantom of the Opera listed and they also don't have Hotel Rewanda mentioned either? I don't really believe that they aren't bringing that movie here.. (btw, I want to see that).

Sometimes I get this itch to do something productive. Hahahaha.. ya, I know.. that's sad. Productive as in do something worthy, something helpful to society, something that earns me some moolah (not necessarily one task). So far, the only thing I can think of to date, is to find myself another job. The only concern is I'm going to have absolutely no free time (besides slacking time while at work here). I seem to be always tired although I've been trying to keep a regular sleeping schedule. :( Actually, I don't think I'd mind two jobs.. but two jobs + Chinese School + piano seems to be sort of unbearable when I think of it. I'm starting to get sick of being tied down to evening commitments .. I don't think there's been a year where I haven't had evening commitments during the week (exception of perhaps when I was in elementary school :P).

Ok, enough grouching and complaining. Chinese New Year is next week! Hmm.. actually, there's not much to be excited about. Life continues as usual here. We'll have a slightly fancier dinner (most likely some yummy duck) at home .. probably on New Year's night.. and I think my friends and I will be having another dinner on "nian 30 wan" (new year's eve for those that can't understand my pathetic pin yin-ing) - also, more roast duck. Besides that.. there's not much else to do. Hmm. It's times like these that I really miss having my relatives around. Ever since I was little, I always lived with the regret that I didn't have the opportunity to form a closer relationship with my relatives. Oh, how envious I am.

Alright. Today's entry was sort of crabby..ahhhh well.. I'll try to be more optimistic and cheerful in the next entry. Toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home