Monday, January 31, 2005

Yabba Dabba Doo

Hehe.. it just popped into my head. Again, had some interesting titles but again, they have flown out of my head the moment I have to sit down and write.

So its Monday again. YUPPI :P I FINALLY watched Phantom of the Opera on Friday night. It was O.K. I wasn't overly impressed. What really bothered me was that the accompaniment overpowered the singing, especially in the parts that were forte (loud). It was as if the singers were trying to scream so that they could be heard over the music. I know that they probably dub it in after with all this movie editing and such, but still.. come ON, you are ACCOMPANYING the singers.. !! Gee.. rule number 1! I'm sort of wondering whether they actually sang it during the acting or did they dub the music in afterwards? Cuz honestly, there are parts that really don't look like they are singing. You'd expect their mouths to be opened a little bit wider, especially when it's really lyrical. On the positive side, they actress was really pretty.. though I felt she looked like at least three different people in different scenes. hmm.. I admit I haven't watched/read the story line before, but was it intentional that the Phantom be sort of perverted by falling in love with a girl that is only like.. 16?? It was sort of disturbing. Oh ya.. positive thoughts here.. I did think the costumes were really nice and that the scenes were really magnificent. The part where Christine is in the graveyard and the Phantom is pretending to be her father.. did you notice how they changed the colours of the lights to fit the mood? Cool eh? It really made you change your perspective on what you were watching and just because of the lights! Oh ya.. their website is really nicely designed too: http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/ (like most movie sites)

Anyways, this weekend was pretty much no rest. Working on Chinese New Year stuff again. Sort of regretting that I said I'd help :P Perhaps its all the chaos and disorganization that just irks me and makes me feel.. "whatever". Oh well. One more week.

It was a crappy day yesterday. Exasperating and frustrating! Something must have been in the air cuz teaching almost drove me bonkers. Piano didn't go great in the morning and Chinese school was stressful because the kids are expected to know a poem for next week (which we only started to practice this week because I only found out they needed a poem two weeks ago AND last week school was cancelled!) GAH! (now you know why my MSN name said GAH :P)

Weather is warming up nicely here. It's a BALMY -7 or so degrees. WOHO! Too bad I have absolutely no time to go skiing this weekend. Holy cow, I just looked and we actually go up to +3 degrees on Friday!?!?!? Gee.. what's happening to this world.. our environment has gone wacko. :S Oh dearie me..

Alright. That's it for my Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home