Monday, January 17, 2005

Garlic Fingers Smell

Ya-ya-ya-ya. I am re-using my MSN nickname as a title. Sort of. Anyways, to explain why garlic fingers smell.. have you tried to de-head, smush, peel and blend 8lbs of garlic in one night!? YUCK!! This year's MCN (Malaysian Cultural Night)'s cooking was sort of crawling.. but I guess that's cuz they didn't have enough man power. Anyways, I went down to starting helping with the cooking at around 11pm (after hearing that Kwang was starting to go nuts from peeling all this ginger). Started off by de-shelling the hard boiled eggs, followed by a massive amount of garlic. Garlic took us a few hours to complete.. *sigh*.. I can still smell it on my hands (it might be my imagination, but I hardly think so). My hands were so sticky that when I tried to use a spoon to scoop out more garlic from the blender, the spoon was stuck to my hand.. EWWWWw... plus, my finger was starting to sting. Oh ya, to make matters worse, Kwang had finally switched from ginger to onions in the kitchen (we were in the living room..watched a whole ten yards twice :P)!!! OH MAN. Onions. It was overwhelming. We were a bunch of crying people peeling garlic. HAHAH! Anyone who came into the apartment would start to tear up.. it was hilarious cuz by that time, we were all used to it.

We finished that around 4am .. I've discovered I'm too old for this. I could usually handle going to bed at 4am and getting up 4 hrs later and still be able to keep going through til midnight (or close to midnight). This year.. whoa man.. 2 days later, I'm still trying to recover from Friday night. Gah. Perhaps I run on adrenaline each year.. the stress just keeps me going.. with none of that this year.. I feel OLD. But boy o boy.. coffee saved my life this weekend. No coffee = no consciousness.

Hmm.. we had a nice little storm yesterday. I'm sort of disappointed though. It wasn't as big of a storm as it could have been. Poor Halifax.. they have had it really bad for the last two years. First the blizzard that knocked out their power for a week last year, another one around Xmas time that knocked out the power again.. and now ANOTHER blizzard that dumped 40cm of snow on them! Man.. we could still see GRASS a few days ago. The snow doesn't even go up to your knees here!! Hmm.. actually, it's sort of disturbing to see winter this way. I remember when I was in elementary school, the snow banks were really, really high. Yes, I do realize I was shorted back then, but the difference between the snow banks now and the snow banks back then is really HUGE!

I blame it on global warming.. our environment is so screwed. I pisses me off too when I see that the city doesn't want to invest more on the recycling program. Yaya, it's expensive, but HEY.. it's our EARTH!!! Once it's gone, no more. Kaput. That it. Finito. End. Fini. Mao la. Mei You liao. Have I made my point?

*Yawn*. Another hour before I leave work. I wish I could go on vacation. I really would LOVE to go somewhere tropical right now. My ideal vacation at the moment would be to go to Hawaii or something and just lay on the beach and read. Ok, maybe not only lay on the beach and read, but maybe do a little bit of sight seeing.. or something S-L-O-W. Of course I'd still love to go to Europe and Asia.. but I find that going on vacation to visit a country or place can be exhausting! At least that's what the trips to TO were like for me. On the other hand, I had to drive and people were expecting me to plan the trip and figure out where we were going. Bah Humbug. *Yawn* ..sorry :P

So ya, I still haven't had the chance to go skiing. Perhaps I'll go this weekend (or not). aHHHH..time is running out!! I feel like every weekend has been busy. Why why why why!?!?!? If I don't go this weekend, I probably won't have time to go until mid February. Who knows if we'll still have SNOW then!?

I am trying to get all the students at Chinese School to sing the Gong Xi song for the CNY performance. Two weeks ago, they were awful..nobody was singing. This week, some of the kids had actually had two of the verses memorized! I'm soooooooo impressed with them. I love it when they do that (actually study/practice).

Another big piece of teaching news is that the kids in my class are now starting to be able to piece together sentences. It's awesome! Some of their pronunciation has improved too. Ah.. I'm so proud of them.. (I know how corny that sounds or how much I sound like a parent or something, but I can't help it!! It's such a great feeling when they accomplish something because I know I was involved with getting them that far!)

Alright. Thats all now. *YAWN* *HUGE YAWN* oh man.. I can't stop yawning.

Bye
JY

2 Comments:

At 6:39 a.m., Blogger Jeff said...

I hereby declare a new rule: People younger than me are not allowed to complain about being/feeling/getting old.

 
At 10:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

U're making me feel bad about my ageeeeeee....

slaw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home