Monday, December 13, 2004

Deprived of Sleep

Hehehe.. didn't write on Friday.. sorry :P So life has been busy.. yes, even though exams are over, I have other things to do :P

We had our piano recital on Saturday, a 2 hour recital .. ahhh.. ah hem. Anyways, my students all played pretty well. Some better than others, but everyone did well in general. I have one more piano lesson with each of them (except for two, cuz we had their last lesson last night) before this term ends. Aww... some of them gave me gifts, it's so sweet!

I had to give out report cards at Chinese school. It takes time and thought. I mean, if a kid never does his homework, what are you going to say to the parents? Your child doesn't do his homework? I suppose you could say that, but I was trying to be more tactful. Ain't an easy task when the kid doesn't pay attention and doesn't do his homework!! Well, honestly, I think every single one of them has improved. We were playing a flash card game yesterday by forming two lines (boys against girls since there are 3 each!) and seeing which person could say the word first. hehehe.. as usual, the girls beat the boys. (I guess this is when it starts.. I mean, yg girls always seem to win all competitions, right?? heheeheh just teasing, Jeff :P) OK, back to what I was saying. They all managed to get at least one or two words right. Surprisingly, they really enjoy working with flash cards. I usually let them work in pairs so that they are helping each other learn.. I guess it's a sign that I should make some more for them to work on! (It's soooo time consuming though). I'm also working on a game where they have to match the characters and pin yin (Chinese pronunciation) with a picture.. I guess it's a bit of a childish game, but hey, it's better than making them sit there and memorize, right?! I was also thinking of making a memory game.. match the character with the pin yin or maybe match the pin yin with the picture. Hmm... Christmas projects!

What else have I been busy with besides piano and Chinese School? Been stressing over the website we are working on because they would like to have it completed for their December 16th project launch (a new business centre or something). It's really time consuming because the graphics they gave us to work with suck (literally look like pictures that people did in the 80's or something), missing lots of logos & graphics & pictures, and their information is all over the place.. it's like piecing together a puzzle. To make matters worse, some of their projects have the same name, I think it's because they are the same design.. I feel googled-eyed!!! Anyways, it's starting to come together now because we've been struggling with those problems for a few months now. The lady that's suppose to be helping us, isn't very helpful.. how she ever became a project manager is beyond my comprehension. Gneh, guess that's business for you, just got to suck it up and deal with it!

People are really getting into the Christmas cheer these days. I am starting to feel it. Maybe it's because my students (Chinese and piano!!) have given me gifts, and we recieved a Poinsetta (Christmas plant) from our neighbour. Hmm.. we haven't even put our outdoor lights up yet.. I feel sooooo guilty because everyone in the neighbourhood has had them up for at least a week now *blush*

Well, I don't seem to have anything to do here at work at the moment, so I'll just keep writing. Hehehe.. sorry if I'm just rambling, but I'm bored, ok!?

I took the car in for a err .. err.. appointment?? hehehe.. I never know what to say to those mechanics because I'm such a car dunce. Anyways, the light's near the err... shift? gears? the place where you change from Drive to Neutral to Reverse!?!?!? is burnt out. The change oil sign came up on the dash about 2.5 weeks ago and then went out, then the shifty thingy's light burnt out. ALSO, when we go over 100km/hr on the highway, the whole car starts to vibrate. I'll be glad when that burnt light isn't burnt out anymore.. it's really hard to drive at night.. I'm so paranoid I'm going to back up into someone because I'm never 100% sure I'm in the right gear (unless I turn on the light)!!

Speaking of cars and driving, Fredericton drivers are maniacs. There's lots of road rage around this city. I swear, I've had people pull out in front of me at the last moment and I have come SO close to hitting them. Actually, at one of our dangerous intersections (Regent & Kingscollege) last week, I was going straight and the car across from me was going to turn up the hill. This girl, decided she was goign to go when I was already 70% across the street. I was literally 0.5M away from hitting her. To make matters worse, there was a car coming down the hill and one coming up the hill and here I was in the middle of the intersection. I made her go first (since I couldn't really go anywhere since she was IN MY WAY) and then the car coming down the hill just kept going.. ahhhh.. there's a truck heading up the hill towards me!! HELP!! Anyways.. I was really lucky that night.. if that truck was going any faster, I'd probably have been......let's not go there. *shiver* The whole point is, these things happen so often. I'm not sure why people are becoming more reckless and driving faster (I've had cars PASS me on busy streets even though I'm going 50km/hr)... all I know is that it's freaking dangerous driving around here!!

This is probably going to look like a very long blog, but it really isnt' that long because it's been put into a narrow table.. hheeh.. oh well. Have fun reading, if you have the patience (Yes, it's a challange!!) As Colin from the Amazing Game says "GAME ON!!" hahahahahahah.. (ya, that's not really applicable to this situation, but I just felt like saying it.. it's fun!!)



2 Comments:

At 5:46 p.m., Blogger Jeff said...

"The shifty thingy"? Ahahahaha... wait, I can't think of what it's called either. Ahem.

 
At 10:19 a.m., Blogger Keith said...

Wow, I cannot agree with the "Fredericton drivers" comment after having driven in Toronto for a year and a half.

Morning rush hour is crazy!! Then again, my own driving has become quicker, more aggressive, etc the longer I live here. Have to say though: every morning, when I get into work, my morale starts low because of the drive. I mean heck, I'm doing 20 over and get passed a guy who cuts from lane to lane, forces some other cars to slam their brakes, which causes me to have to slam mine or dodge. Sometimes, I wish I had the mental ability to pop tires or something.

As far as Fredericton goes, I've come back a couple times and noticed that drivers are worse than before I left, but they're still head and shoulders better than the big city. That said, I think the average Toronto driver probably has more skill than the average Fredericton driver, but less caution and patience, which makes them a bit more dangerous most of the time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home