Friday, November 05, 2004

Unknown Answers

HAHA, my title is a perfect description for my assignment but more so for the US election! Who would have guessed that they would have proceeded with SUCH caution before announcing the President.. I guess they really are being extra careful to avoid 2000's election problems...kekek.. what a hoot. Anyway, lets not go into politics here.. next!

Let me see.. I can't remember what I said during my last post.. but I'll start talking about Halloween.. it was pretty fun with my class.. only three kids dressed up.. but thats ok. They were all really excited about our "party".. basically we just had some snacks and played a few low key games. They are improving though, although two of the kids are learning faster because I think they actually study, one is doing semi-ok.. and there are 3 students with whom I'd like to see better progress (of course, one of them is only 5, so it's kind of hard for her to keep up with the rest of the class.. going to have to find something for her to work on). Ahh.. I think I spend entirely too much time on Chinese School.. does that mean something? I think it's back in my mind that I have to go get a degree in education.. maybe it will actually be fun because I am interested in a lot of the readings about education. Anyway, back to the topic of Chinese School. As I might have mentioned before, it's done a 180 degree change since I was last there. All the CBC's (Chinese Born Canadians) don't go to school anymore and most of the kids there are kids that just immigrated from China. It's great that they are participating with the school, but where are the rest of the kids!?!?!? Seems like nobody on this year's committee is really doing much to change the problem, not that they brought it on.. it was a problem that was coming full speed ahead for quite some time. The kids don't want to go to Chinese school because it's boring and they don't learn anything.. I DON'T BLAME THEM!! We used to just sit there and listen to the teacher blahing.. and the whole time, not really knowing what the heck he was talking about!? I think the biggest problem was that the classes were mixed.. I was the oldest student (18) and the youngest was in grade 4 (age 8-9).. furthermore, the younger students knew more than the older ones because they actually studied Chinese in China for 2 or more years!!! GAH.. felt so stupid.. but really, even the older kids in my class weren't CBCs.. so :P to them!

Anyways, on with the topic.. I've talked to some of the older members that have been actively involved with CCANB or some that were involved with founding CCANB, and they actively support the things I've been saying about the school. So, we are going to try to help turn the problem around. I hope it doesn't get messy within the community, the last thing I want to do is offend people, but I really don't think CCANB can continue the way it is. Afterall, the organization was founded with the reason that they wanted to provide the CBC's in F'ton with an opportunity to learn Chinese!!

Nov 3/04
*******

HEHEHEHE I did it again :p It's now Friday. It SNOWED last night and the weather has been really BLEH today. It's been snowing and raining.. what a MESS. BUT, I feel like Xmas is on the way.. should be a happy holiday type feeling in the air soon. I've started to think of my Xmas shopping list .. going to keep it low key this year. I should start writing my xmas letters and cards soon.. I hope to do a better job than last year....

Lately I've been missing some friends that I haven't gotten to talk with a lot since going to University.. ahh.. I miss my sister/cousin too.. I want to ask her opinion and advice on some things! Funny how life takes you on these paths.. takes you to some important people in your life, takes you to people who are not such an "asset" to your life, and takes you past both of them too sometimes. (though it seems that it takes you past the ones that are more important than you and keeps the annoying ones splat in front of you too long!?!?!?)

Anyways, I should finish up this blog. I have another freaking CS assignment due on Monday and it's nowhere near finished *sigh*.. another busy weekend for me. I want to just relax.. been so tired lately.

OK.. ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home