Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Some Friendships Never End

It's been more than a week since I've updated.. guilty as charged! I guess I was semi-lazy and semi-occupied. I'm exhausted. Can't sleep well.. keep waking up in the middle of the night and dream a lot.. hmm.. I think I've said that before on here. Anyways, it's starting to add up and with me helping my piano teacher/nighbour/friend move yesterday ... EXHAUSTING!!

Well, as my title says, some friendships never end. Why do I say that after my spew about bitter tasting rotten apples the other day? I met up with one of my closet old friends and had a very nice chat with him.. that made me feel really great, then I received emails from another two old close friends which was also a great feeling AND had a very nice dinner and lunch with my piano teacher these last few days which was also very helpful to me. I mean, yes, there is still a bitterness left over from the rotten friendships I've had in the last few years, but I've decided that, besides a few new friends, I'm going to focus on a) catching up with my older friends that are always still there for me and b) meet new people of another type and group. Life is short, I should surround myself with people who I care about and who care about me!

Here's the sentimental parts (beware!!):
Some of the friendships I developped in high school, are really some of the most meaningful friendships I think I will ever have. When we meet up, we've always got lots to talk about (no awkward moments and silences!!) and I really feel like they care about me, it's not just "lets see how I can benefit from this friendship". Three friendships from high school stick out the most, you guys should know who you are, I've been in contact lately!! :P

Besides my high school friendships, another group that makes me extremely comfortable to be around are my CBC friends. Ah yes.. we have lots of fun together because we grew up together. We love to reminse about things such as Christmas parties where we'd be hiding from the scary Santa Claus who'd make us kiss him in order to get our gifts or how we'd go into the band room and bang around on those drums (boy we were BAD BAD kids). So many fond memories, sometimes I feel so inspired to write all these stories down .. but what would I do with them??

As I mentioned before, my piano teacher has made a huge impact on my life. Not only in terms teaching me to appreciate music and play piano, but so many life lessons. She encouraged me, always believed in me, and taught me many values, especially those that deal with how to treat people. She's a inspiration to me because she accepts everyone for who they are, is loved by so many and the list goes on and on.. I can't even list out strengths because there are just so many that I don't really know where to start!! I really didn't realize how much she meant to me until her husband passed away. I can really say I'm proud when she introduces me to people as her "2nd daughter" because she really is more than just a piano teacher or neighbor or even just a plain friend to me!!

OMG, thats SO MUSHY and corny. Sorry, sorry, sorry!! I'll stop with that now. I just had a sudden urge to write down some thoughts even though I'm sure I could go on and on for pages if I really let myself. I think I just have this "need" to try to write something meaningful and be able to touch people's hearts or inspire them through things I've learned in my "young life". Opps .. starting to get a bit mushy again eh? hehe.. I probably should shut up :P

My Chinese class is finished the first book.. trying to prepare review sheets for them in forms of activities and games. Boy o boy its time consumming and I'm racking my brains trying to come up with something fun and interesting. UGH. I wish I had more TIME to dedicate to it. I still have one more CS assignment to do and I haven't even STARTED studying for it's FINAL!!! :S It's on December 7th.. *shiver*.. I hope I don't flunk!

Alrighty, I am going to head to bed.. so so so pooped out now. Ciao.
JY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home