Wednesday, December 29, 2004

..and a Happy New Year!

Ah.. merry belated Christmas! New Year's in coming at full speed.. only three more days left of 2004! Boy o boy.. can you believe the year is already over? I was going to do a summary of my year, but I'm not that interesting, so there isn't much to say!! OH yes, last thing about New Year's: for my new year's resolution, I was thinking of putting "stop procrastinating" on my list, then I stumble upon this quote, which is the perfect reason why I shouldn't: "The Procrastinator's Creed: 1. I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already. 2. I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses...." - unknown (LOL!!)

Anyways, these last few days have been pretty boring. Didn't really go anywhere except around the city.. ie. mall/movie. There aren't that many interesting boxing day sales in F'ton.. *sigh*. I was going to go to Bangor, but this storm hit the atlantic (actually, it was a blizzard in some parts) so that was a no-go *sniff, sniff.. disappointed* Anyhow.. watched Oceans 12 and it was ..umm.. interesting? I found that they just had too much on the go and tried to twist everything a lot. Was sort of ??? during some sections.. and come'on man, even if that guy can do yoga, there's no way that he can avoid those randomly set lasers.. bleh. The acting was good, but Ocean 11 was definitely better. It was a let down when they all got arrested.. the craftiness and ingenuity that I expected wasn't there... I wanted to come out of that movie and be like.. "that's genius!!".

Besides going to the theatre, I've been watching lots of movies at home too. heheh.. I watched this Michael Douglas movie "don't say anything" (or something like that..). Actually, I THOUGHT the movie was Gangs of New York but I got fooled. Anyways, the movie wasn't bad. I also watched Raising Helen which was OK, Mona Lisa Smile which was great, and am now watching a Chinese Series called War and Beauty (金枝欲孽).

BTW, my monitor is going to die soon, so if anyone out there knows of some great deal.. let me know :D

Ok, less of my boring life. The recent big world event: the earthquake and tidal wave near Sumatra. Apparantly Canadians have donated around $200,000 as of yesterday, but I think we should do better. I made a donation to the Canadian Red Cross, but there are various organizations that are looking for monetary donations to help with the relief effort. The links:

Red Cross
Unicef
World Vision

I think you can make an online donation at any of these websites with a mastercard or visa card. Count it as your goodwill for the new year's, and remember that those people really need help!!
The devestation is just so heart wrenching, here we are sitting in warm homes and enjoying the holidays and those people are all fighting to survive even though they are all trying to deal with their grief. Help them by donating! (The news says that they don't want actually objects because it's hard to get them over there.)

A change of tone to end off this entry. Happy New Years to Everyone! May this New Year keep you and your loved ones happy, healthy and safe. Bless and help those in the midst of the fight for their lives.

-JY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home