Monday, December 20, 2004

Silence of the Snow

What a busy weekend (again). I took Friday off..hehehe... I went for breakfast with my piano teacher at Cora's for the first time.. wow..I'm impressed - it's cute! Anyway, I was really stuffed after that breakfast and luckily she had some errands to run, so we had to walk around downtown.

Let me see.. I put up my tree on Friday evening and went to the library. Boy.. it was like a gold mine on Friday.. I just kept seeing interesting books and kept picking up more and more.. ahhh!! heheh.. I figure the best way to spend xmas day is by reading and sleeping..

Anyways, on with my weekend. Saturday was.. umm.. hmm.. oh ya, I woke up with a headache but baked cookies anyway. In the evening I went to a potluck for youth group.. everytime I'm around them, I feel SO OLD. The kids that are in youth group now are the kids that we used to take care of during summer camp.. now they are all in high school *sob* .. its really really rather strange.

Sunday was a busy day. I woke up and taught piano, did some tidying up, went to a meeting, went to a drum practice for dragon dance and then went to have steamboat with some friends in the evening. Plum tuckered out.

Schedule seems really packed from now until after Xmas too. Oh boy. I'm really looking forward to not having to get up early in the morning because I'm TIRED! I know I'm usually sleepy, but I'm just really tired lately. I think I've mentioned this before.. sorry for being redundent :P

Oh ya.. my title. Have you ever noticed how silent it is during/right after it's peacefully snowing? It's like absolute silence outside.. and it's SO NICE! The pink sky, the softly falling snowflakes and the peace and silence is wonderful! Anyways, how much more about this can I talk about.. haha..

Thinking of going skiing later this week. hehehe I know someone (somepeople) in the tropics must be sooo green with envy.. I think the snow on the hills should be pretty good since it's been snowing so much this past week. Ahhh it's exciting!! But I need ENERGY!!

You know, yesterday during steamboat, they had this random playlist going on my friend's pc, and had somehow selected some CNY (Chinese New Year) songs onto the list. It made me feel really weird (??). At first, it reminded me of the happy times during CNY with those big banquets we have with CCANB and OCSA. With CCANB, everyone knew everyone, and so it was an exciting and fun time for all. We were all decked out in our good clothes and had lots of friends around etc.. With OCSA, there was the energy of organizing the banquet and the excitement of when guests were coming in. I think I'm not doing a very good job explaining.. but my mind is sort of like jelly at the moment :P Anyways, I was feeling that.. and then also feeling sort of sad because I don't get to be around my relatives during the holidays (xmas included). I really miss them.. maybe it was because I was flipping through photo albums the other day .. it almost brought tears to my eyes because so much has happened in the past 4 years....

Alright.. thats all.. I better do something cuz apparantly I have to deal with student grades soon.


JY

1 Comments:

At 9:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's steamboat?

Jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home