Monday, January 10, 2005

Brr ..It's Cold.

Ah people. Back to work. Bah. I should probably find something else to do this term.. but my mind is sort of whirling with all the volunteering activities I would like to be involved with. I think I am going to volunteer at the playhouse (hehe, ya-ya, I'm in it mostly to see the free shows :P), and volunteer for the Music Festival. That'd probably be enough when I add on teaching.

Anyways, the Tsunami in Sumatra has been the big topic of discussion everywhere you go these days. I was watching CBC News last night, and it still makes me teary eyed to watch the people suffer. Some of the stories are just so heart breaking. A prof that works here in the faculty was saying that he thinks that these Tsunamis are caused by nuclear testing underground. Apparantly there's a guy at U of T in bio engineering or something like that that is studying this theory.

** (5 days later)
Ya, sorry.. I didn't finish my entry. I had an anti-writing week. Anyways, here I am. Umm.. I had a really nice idea for a title last night while I was trying to fall asleep.. but unfortunately, when it comes time to actually use it, I can't remember what I thought of!?!?! I seem to be at peak creativity just before sleep. Not exactly the best timing. What can I say, I'm weird.

Anyhow, this past week was semi-fast yet semi-slow. I guess that's the holidays for you!
Our preschool decided that we were going to help some of the students who are fund-raising on campus (their families were actually affected by the tsunami) by doing a penny drive and a bake sale. The head organizer came and talked to us and also had the children down at the HIL to look at maps of where the tsunami occured and to talk about it with them. He was so quiet and it seemed like he was still walking around in the state of shock. I almost cried when he said "My family lost everything." I wish I could do more. It seems that everywhere we go, there's something going on to aid the relief effort. It's very touching to see the generosity of our fellow humans, but on the other hand (and the other extreme), it's mind boogling to see how humans can treat one another. Umm.. maybe that didn't make very much sense.. but I hope you know what I mean! (I'm starting to feel really sleepy and I'm too lazy to fix my sentences).

Besides that.. not too much excitement has been going on. I guess this isn't the best time to be writing my blog since I've not incentive to ramble as my bed is right next to me and is calling my name.. gneh, time to give in. Gnite.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home