Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Sho-w/p-aholic

I'm so bored and restless right now. It's another one of those "I-don't-have-any-incentive-to-find-something-to-do" days. Bah humbug!

Anyways, as you may see my very interesting title says I'm a shopaholic and showaholic. I don't know how it happened, but shopping became an addiction over the past few years. Maybe it's the joy of finding a wonderful discount on an item that you want.. who knows. It's a disease. A very serious disease that affects the wallet and bank account. Tisk.

Another addiction .. tv shows! Woho! I watch way too many. My latest can't-wait-til-the-next-episode show is the Amazing Race. I'm sort of surprised. I watched it for the first time last season and am now completely addicted. The people in the race this season are absolutely bonkers. We have a pro-wrestling couple, a model couple (actually models), and an entrepreneur and his wife that have MAJOR issues. The last couple I mentioned.. the husband is psycho. I've come across some magazines that have been saying "is this emotional abuse?" duh.. of course it is when he keeps yelling at her. He actually had the guts to say "be a woman and be quiet" and "this is the reason women don't rule the world" etc.. on national television. What a tard. Ah anyways, the thing I like about this show is what we get to see of other countries. I can't imagine what it'd be like to run that race.. I guess it would sorta suck that they basically run through the countries and don't really enjoy the time their there cuz they are so stressed out and exhausted. But it does make me want to go and visit the places they've been. Oh ya, that reminds me.. one of the models (the girl) actually said "Why does these people keep reproducing" about people in Africa.. it made me hate her to say the least.

So what's one show. I've sort of been saving the OC until the season finishes. I hate waiting for new episodes.. :P Alias finally started their new season (weird.. what's with the queer season schedules these days??) .. I sort of forget what's going on.. it's been around 8 months since the last episode!!

I'm still watching "War and Beauty" .. on episode 25 now.. 5 more to go. It's sort of frustrating to watch because the chinese is so formal, I only understand 60% of what they say. Maybe less. *sigh*. Chinese is so hard to learn well. It seems near impossible for me to have the proper pronunciation, understanding of idioms, and being able to read and write.. ha! I guess the fact that my parents are from Malaysia and the Chinese that my family uses is a mix of Mandarin, Hakka, Hokkien and Malay doesn't help... plus the fact that my mom is deaf in one ear and mispronounces things..which in turn, I learned improperly.. oh man. Well, I'll keep trying my best. Speaking of all these dialects.. I discovered I know more Malay words than I thought.. it's all rather funny.

I remember something that happened a few years ago.. I was with a bunch of my Malaysian friends, more specifically I remember SJ being there. Anyways, they were teasing me for some reason.. and I decided to pull out this Malay swear word out and say it. Hehe.. funny thing, my grandpa taught that word to me when I was really little. I remember learning it when I was maybe 7 or maybe even younger than that... I was sitting in the backseat of the car and he said that word.. I remember thinking it reminded me of the word chocolate for some reason. Anyways, when I said that to SJ, he was sort of dumbfounded.. hahaha.. it was hilarious for me to turn the tables on him like that because it was completely and utterly unexpected..lol

hmm..seems like one topic is leading to another. Well, I just had another idea pop into my head. The topic of swear words. People seem to love to learn swear words eh? I actually found a website that listed Chinese swear words when Jeff and I were talking about it. Actually, upon arriving at UNB I was pure.. not a chinese swear word in my vocabulary. Now.. it's a different story.. hahaha.. the friends I hang/hung out with had a wide range of swear words in their vocabulary. Hmm.. so now I can swear in English, Chinese, French and sort of in Malay. How cool is that!!

Alright. That's all for now. Bye!

1 Comments:

At 8:21 a.m., Blogger Jeff said...

I don't think I've ever heard you swear. You're one of those people that uses "heck" and "jeez" a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home