Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Can't...keep..my..ey..e..s.... op..e...n.....

Wake up, wake up, wake up!! ahh!! WAKE UP JY!!! For some odd reason I'm having trouble sleeping at night again. Alright, not odd reasoning cuz it's a common problem I've been experiencing as of lately. Dang.

So this "nice weather" has been stalking us for the last week or so. It was weird over the weekend. I mean, everyone was talking about this blizzard that was suppose to hit.. white out conditions, 10-15cm of snow (big whoop), freaking cold wind chill and blowing snow, etc. But it was.. calm? We had a few flurries and some blowing snow.. oh ya, can't forget to mention the COLD weather.. but it was as if an invisible bubble had been put over Fton while places all around us were massively hit. I was sort of disappointed that we didn't get much snow. I mean, it's exciting when a storm hits (and of course, when you are in the warm safety of your home :P). It's sort of mind boggling that just 10 minutes from Fton can be hit so much harder than we are, here in the city. I mean, UNBSJ was CLOSED all day yesterday and we had sunshine!? WEIRD! Not to mention that Massachusetts has declared a state of emergency because of all the snow they got (*snort*).

I was reading a couple of blogs.. and it's interesting to see how different everyone's blog style is. Mine is casual.. rambling on about whatever pops into my head, with absolutely no editing and proof-reading. I wonder if it's possible to change your writing style? I mean, I know that everything I write SOUNDS like my writing.. know what I mean? It's hard to change my style so that I sound different. I don't think I'm a terrible writer, but I sometimes get that "UGH" feeling when I read what I've written. I seem to have a tendency to use my "favorite" words a lot: "such as", "anyways", "I mean", "OK", etc. I already spot two "I mean"s in the last two paragraphs.. AHHHHH!!!!! (but it's not stopping me from going back and editing :P)

OH YA!! GUESS WHAT! PHANTOM OF THE OPERA has finally arrived in theatres here!! I'm so going to go watch it. Even if I didn't feel like watching it, I have to watch it after all the ranting and raving I did about it not being here yet. hahah.. ah, it'll be a good movie.

Recently, I've been contemplating coming out of my "vacation" and finding another part time job. Ya, I need the money. I just ordered a new LCD monitor (17", BenQ FP783)... boy, that put a dent in my pocket (not pocketS, pocket.. I don't have enough moolah to have pocketS). I figure that it's a good investment though. I haven't EVER purchased a monitor. hehehe.. so how do I use my PC?? WELL, all the monitors I've been using are OLD .. castoffs from friends who are leaving town.. hahahah!! What a junkie I am.. but it's recyling.. right?

I'm hoping that the weather will warm up later this week so that I can go skiing. Friday is probably the optimal day. Besides skiing, I just want to crawl in bed with a good book. Uninterrupted laziness. Uninterrupted being defined as no people calling, nagging and no prior commitments that hang over my head for the next few days. Is that too much to ask? (answer: yes :P)

Alright. I'm off. Enough jibberish for now.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 a.m., Blogger Jeff said...

I'm sure you're enjoy Phantom of the Opera! Let me know what you think.

I'm hoping Toronot has some nice weather so I can go skiing this weekend too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home