Thursday, February 10, 2005

Snow White or Stallion Black?

This winter seems to be very DIRTY. I took my car to through the car wash (touchless, the best way to go!), and it didn't get ALL the grime off it. Hmm.. I'm thinking I waited too long. Too many coats of salt, and dirt. Bleh. My title here debates: a lighter colour car or a darker colour car - which is better?

Light Coloured:
-Salt is less visible since it gives this white dust like layer
-Less hot in the summer!!!
-Colder in the winter (well.. I'm not sure about this one since it doesnt' really matter whether or not the sun is shining.. its always cold :P)
-Dirt is MORE visible though.

Dark Coloured:
-Dirt is less visible (sort of)
-Salt is more visible
-Darn hot in the summer!
-Dirty in the summer too (because of the dust)
-Warmer in the winter (?? see above comment)

So.. dark or light? Hmm.. I wonder if some type of super coated car will ever be invented. One that will just act like a wax and never allow the car to be dirty. I guess wax would only be good for wet conditions EH? Hmm.. any geniuses out there want to invent it for me? If it becomes successful, I'll pay you..hahaha!!

Anyhow..as I was saying, last night I went to get my car washed. So now, I'm paranoid that it's going to get dirty. Ironic aint' it? When it's dirty, you want to get it washed so it'll be clean, but when it's clean, you're so paranoid about getting it dirty. Bleh. I wasn't goign to wash it actually, but after I got the comment that the car was unrecognizable I realized it was a bit too dirty. Even the wheels were covered in dirt. HEHEEHHE (for those that haven't experience Canadian winters: it's almost pointless washing your car in the winter, it'll be covered in salt & sand the next day. Plus, when it's cold, everything gets frozen (wipers, doors, etc..), but when it's warm out, it's WET and muddy, salty puddles everywhere!)

So, last night.. I also went out and bought a Canon SD300. I guess I lied in my earlier entry :P HEHEH. Was playing with it last night and it's a nice model. The only bad thing about it is that the batteries die really quickly when you use the LCD. But the LCD screen is large and the settings are straightforward. I think it's great for my parents. My dad's first comment was it'd be great to carry around.. it's pocket-sized afterall (the reason I was attracted to it in the first place). I think I may be inspired to take more pictures with this thing! It's great fun to make a techy purchase (except for the checking out part - that's painful..)

We're in for another snowstorm over here. The biggest one yet. HAHAH.. and just when I was beginning to think that we wouldn't have good snow conditions to go skiing on Saturday *grin* Apparantly we may get up to 45cm of snow by Friday.. WOHO!! I think it's going to be anywhere between 30-45cm of snow actually. WOW! Now THAT's something to get excited about people.. not a dinky 'lil 15 cm of snow! Maybe I won't have to come to work tomorrow.. ooo I'd be able to sleep in!

So skiing on Saturday.. I'll bring the camera! WOHO!! Ideally, I'd like to go ski this weekend and perhaps go to Polly Mountain next weekend (I've never been there.. how pathetic is that). But Polly mountain isn't suppose to be as intense as Crabbe. Hmm.. Oh well.. I wouldn't mind a longer run that isn't as scary as the Horn.

Alright. Long winded again. HEHE. I'm in a strangely good mood today. Perhaps its the pending snow storm.. HOW EXCITING!! :D

1 Comments:

At 5:00 p.m., Blogger Jeff said...

Get a gray (silver) car... the best of both worlds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home