Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Boy Toys

HAHAH..those that haven't (or don't know) Jeff, my subject comes from his posting. Boy toys are NOT about guys.. they are about those freaking expensive electronics they love to play with. Upon further consideration, the title of boy's toys should probably be changed because I'm thinking lots of females enjoy electronics these days too!?

Anyways, on with my subject. I've made that purchase of my beautiful BenQ LCD (OHHHHHhhh yaaaa.. watching shows and movies will never be the same.. my life has been changed!) Now, my parents are going to purchase the Canon Powershot S500 digital camera (ya.. its really expensive.. $499.89 + HST). There was mention that I may be able to get it when I go away.. oo yuppi!! I'm helping to foot the bill since it was a pre-planned Xmas gift and now I'm probably going to add to it by buying them an extra memory card. Ah hem.. I haven't gone as gadget crazy as Jeff, but here's my wish list (in no particular order):

1. DVD Burner
2. IPOD !!
3. New PC (HAHAHAH!! HEY, it's pathetic.. my monitor is way too good for my current pc :P)
4. Tablet PC (hehehe.. ok.. this is just a dream that is probably never going to become reality unless I win the lottery and become insanely rich)
5. Laptop (you know, it would be incredibly useful!!)

hahah!! OH ya.. I finally decided I'm goign skiing on Saturday. Hah.. I waited until the conditions aren't so great anymore. (hmm.. a poorly worded sentence.. but gneh..too lazy to fix it :P). I am trying to convince myself that I should conquer King's Horn this year. From the top. But maybe I'll settle with conquering just the bottom half of the Horn (since you can start off from the Flume and then switch half way down to the Horn). Maybe I'll TRY to go down the top.. but I'm not looking forward to somersaulting down it .. it makes your head hurt!! :(

Last night, we had a large (huge) dinner. There was.. lets see..at least 9 dishes. OMG. We were so incredibly stuffed. I really thought a couple of them were going to puke at some point. We didn't even finish .. probably only ate about 50% of the food. We couldn't finish anything. Oh my oh my! Ah well, it was fun because RJ was laughing like crazy which made everyone else laugh. I'm not sure what got into him last night, but he hadn't even had any alcohol yet and was already giddy with happiness or something.

So now that CNY is practically completed (heh.. well, as far as it goes in Fton.. I mean..we still have to work and people still have midterms too), Valentine's day is next week. Err.. I'm sort of surprised/shocked cuz I was imagining it as being weeks away. Valentine's day brings my brother's birthday (15th) and I'm racking my brains trying to think of somethign to get for him. It's his big 2-0.. yikes o man.. my little brother is turning 20!??!!? GAH! I was getting shocked faces this past weekend when people found out I was turning 23 this year (oh man, maybe I shouldn't be publicly declaring my age anymore.. I should start early and hope that people forget how old I am so that when I turn 30, I can say I'm only 27 or something). One person said he thought I was 16.. GEE.. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or insulted!?!?!? 16?? Another person thought I was going into University this coming fall... uhhh .. right. I wonder what went through his mind when I told him I already graduated from university. LOL!!

Alright.. I think I've written quite a lot (again). What a long winded person I am. Hope everyone is enjoying their new year!

1 Comments:

At 6:30 a.m., Blogger Jeff said...

Wow, I nearly did a double take when I saw the post subject! And you're right, girls have just as many gadgets as guys these days! Cellphones, and especially cellphone accessories. The ipod-minis are practically made for women. Guys do a cost-per-gigabyte analysis and go with the original ipod, but girls love the pretty colours of the minis! I haven't seen too many girls with PDA/blackberries though.

I think it's getting to the point where DVD burners are becoming essential. A DVD-R is around $0.30 these days, a CDR is around $0.15. Think of the cost-per-gigabye! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home