Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Happy CNY

Happy New Year people! Last day of the year of the monkey. Welcome the rooster!

Ya, CNY doesn't really feel like CNY here. Besides this past weekend, there haven't been any real celebrations. I didn't even attend the banquet after the performance on Sunday which I'm sort of regretting (it's pretty much the gathering of the year if you think about it). Anyhow.. I didn't put the decorations up like I usually do.. I guess I'm just not that excited.. also don't have the incentive to feel all festive? I mean.. I didn't go and clean up more than usual either. OH WELL..perhaps another year!

Work is boring at the moment. There was enough work to make things bearable for the last 2 weeks, but it's getting slow again. Ah MAN. I'd so much rather be busy and let the time fly than to sit here doing nothing and twiddle my fingers. I also detest "busy" work which is pretty much the professor trying to find these crap jobs for me to do. Bah.

I don't have much to say.. so I guess I'll talk about the weekend. (hehe.. you can tell I'm really bored when I'm racking my brain for things to type in here). Here it goes. Taught on Saturday morning then proceeded to go pick up the lion & drum (WITHOUT LUNCH!!). I even got a freaking splinter while I was carrying that drum stand out.. ick. Luckily, my friend (s) were nice enough to pull it out for me. (actually, she wouldn't let me go til she had it out!) We had a full afternoon rehersal on Saturday which went smoothly (for a dress rehersal), but it was unbelievably long. I was exhausted afterwards. Sunday.. taught in the morning, had my lunch, then off I went. GAH. I FORGOT the stupid words for the stage and had to turn around when I was more than half way there.. ARGH.. I was doing SO well NOT forgetting anything until that moment.. (darn it!!!!). Anyways, that afternoon, the kids were really annoyed with us (ie. ME) for makign them stay in the conference room. I can't say I blame them because it was HOT and BORING. Plus, all the action was in the auditorium.. so naturally, they wanted to go there. Anyways, I came SO incredibly close to losing it with them because here I was .. trying to maintain the calm and peace backstage, make sure all the equipment was out when it was needed to be, open and close the curtain and make sure the performers were ready to go on stage. Actually, to be precise, I was getting extremely irritated with the teachers (or semi-teachers/supervisors, whatever.. the people that should have known better). SOME of them were letting some of the kids out of the room and giving them permission for this and that. Then I come out, and see them running around where tehy shouldn't be, and tell them to go back. Kids being kids say "but _____ let me!!".. OH MAN. To make my long story short.. I had to explain to them that I can't let them out and they have to TRY to behave. Boy.. some of them were NOT happy. I feel rather guilty about the whole thing .. mainly because I practically lost it with them..I'm still sort of fuming over the irresponsible teachers that were watching the show and just dumped their students into the room expecting me (?!?!!?) to look after them or something?! OK.. no more grumbling. I just feel bad!

OK.. I have something to do now (that will probably take all of 5 minutes..). Happy CNY people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home