Monday, February 14, 2005

Family Trails Aren't Meant to Be Black Diamonds!

HELLO!
So you probably guessed it.. big snow storm really hit!! Ended up getting the day off..hehehe!! Actually, we had planned to close the office if the regular schools were closed, but even UNB was closed so I wouldn't have been able to go to work even if I wanted (which I didn't :P). Anyhow.. it was good to have that day off, especially since I woke up with a headache that wouldn't go away :(

YA! I finally went skiing on Saturday. Woho. Well, I had some "adventures" to say the least. I didn't really tumble or anything, but that's cuz I was too paranoid and tried to control my speed (I almost said tempo.. ha!). Went down Dave's Dream first.. and after coming off the chair lift, we decided we wanted to try the family trail which is SUPPOSE to be a nice and easy long not too steep hill. HA! Ended up on a BLACK DIAMOND hill! GAH!! I almost flipped. I reeeally wanted to take off my skis and walk back up. Of course, I tried that when I was little, and that never really works. I also considered sliding down on my butt, but that also didn't seem very.. umm..appropriate for someone my age. So .. I ended up going down verrrrry slowly.. sideways. :P So I survived that. I also hit the top of the flume and the bottom of king's horn which I fell once, but am happy to say I just went and didn't think as much as I usualy do. I believe that I'm a conservative skiier. Perhaps i'm too cautious. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? Err.. maybe that's not the right way to say it. Ah hem.. you get my point.

Speaking of the worse that could happen, while I was skiing, I saw this snow mobile coming up the hill. Big whoop right? WELL, they were towing something that I thought looked like a body. Umm.. it sort of freaked me out when I realized there WAS someone on the back and bundled up in blankets. But luckily, he was alive cuz he was lifting his head up and looking around. But gee.. that's disturbing!

The other thing I noticed while skiing was that the people that ski really well (the young ones) seem to be sort of cocky. I felt sort of intimidated by them because they come swooping by really fast and sometimes really close. Plus they are always yelling at each other. Hmm.. isn't there some category for these people? You know.. there are the dorks, the geeks, the jocks, the preps, the snow bunnies? HAHAHAH

Ya, so today is Valentine's day. These past few years, I've started to really be sort of anti-valentine's day. I guess it's nice to have a day when we celebrate our love, but really.. it's sort of more of a display for the public rather than a celebration between two people. I mean, people get flowers at the office, or those barber shop choir people going into public places to serenade you.. I myself would be utterly embarassed if that happened to me. Not that I don't appreciate the thought and all, but I'd rather not have everyone staring at me?? To women, I think it's more of a competition.. who receives more flowers, who gets more expensive gifts, who's husband/bf gives them something really extravagant so that every other woman in the office/wherever is jealous. OK, not all women are like that, but it's there!

Ok better stop here.. tata

1 Comments:

At 9:53 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be safe on the slopes! Dont end up like me with a fractured bone... then you cant go ski until who knows when... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home