Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bored

Here I am again.. back at the lab. One more day of this workshop!!!!!!!
Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but some of the activities are prolonged much longer than they need to be and it can sometimes be exasperating sit through. UGH. I'm really hoping that we get out at lunch time tomorrow, but I'm also trying not to get my hopes up else I'll be in extreme "pain" tomorrow PM. :P Isn't this such a wonderful attitude I have?? HEHEHEH

Anyways, besides that, still looking for a place to move. There's a possibility I'll live with a friend for a while until I get some sort of job. This limbo thing is starting to drive me nuts. On one hand, I'm sort of feeling "just take your time" since I'm 90% sure I won't get a full time teaching contract come fall but on the other hand, I feel almost desperate because I worry I'll NEVER get a teaching position!! Most people are resigned to substitute teacher which is also rather depressing... (I just don't like not knowing the students' names and not knowing the routine of the class.. that's the only thing holding me back from supply work).

As the weather starts to become nicer (not today though), I start to think about travelling again. I would love go down to TO sometime.. but I don't know if I'll have the money to do so. I mean most of the attraction of going to TO is shopping and eating (i.e. spend $$), so ...........

Alright, I have nothing else to blab about so I'll close the gate here. Ciao for now!

2 Comments:

At 12:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the last day of the workshop wasn't too bad. Right now I am at a workshop myself, it is the last day and we will get out around lunch time, though I have a feeling it will go late. Getting behind schedule has been a big problem here. In fact there is a little bit of an arguement/discussion going on now, and we are now quite a bit behind.
I am heading to Geneva this afternoon so I'll try to write a blog post and display some of the pictures I have taken here in Munich tonight or tomorrow.
How long do people normally act as a substitute teacher before finding a full time teaching job, and what proportion of people get full time teaching positions?

 
At 9:03 a.m., Blogger jaryee said...

I'm not sure they have any recent statistics about the number of graduates getting teaching positions. I've heard of people supply teaching for 2 years and still not having a contract!! At this point, I have to set a time limit - but hopefully I get lucky (because really, that's a huge factor these days!!)

One thing I have been hearing about teachers is that there was over 30% of them leaving the career within their first 5 years of teaching all because of the amount of work and amount of stress involved.. pretty scary stat!

How is Munich? Hope you have a great time in Geneva!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home