Sunday, February 12, 2006

Busy Weekend

Tomorrow is Monday :( Yet Again. :(

We're supposedly going to find out our placements tomorrow..it's going to be a very taxing day. I hope I get into an elementary school - I've been dreaming about the little kiddies!

Speaking of teaching, on Friday, I went to skate on the Rideau Canal (Dow's Lake) in the evening. On my way out, I saw a couple of kids from the school I was at last term.. the only problem was I forgot most of their names..haha! Plus, they sort of did the Ostrich thing where they pretend they didn't see you (you know, it's not cool talking to a teacher outside of school hours). Also, I had no idea what to do.. to go over there and talk to them or to just say hi and leave. I did sort of say hi but they did the avoid eye contact thing. Hmm. It was all just very bizarre. Perhaps I need to be like superman and have a secret disguise?

Anyways, this whole weekend was a ton of work. One essay & a long range plan. We actually have 3 assignments due this coming week but luckily I had finished one two weeks ago. Also had to do a chapter summary to present to my group *yea*. It's sort of overwhelming to think of all the things that need to be done. My goal is to get all possible assignments completed that are due during practicum finished BEFORE practicum starts. I also need to really buckle down and get my job applications submitted, work on my interview question answers and get my portfolio in decent shape.


In a bit, I'm going to go meet up with some YG friends for dim sum (hehehe - this is for all the other yg members out there that are not in Ottawa ;)). Caroline is in town for the weekend and she brought about 15-20 of her friends! OH MY. When I called her yesterday to find out how many people she'd be bringing to dim sum, I only expected about 5-7 people.. instead she said 15-20 people. *Gulp*. Good thing we thought of making reservations!

This afternoon I hope to be able to hit Winterlude. It began last week and I didn't really go see anything. This is actually the first weekend that the weather has been cooperative enough to have most of the activities anyways. I really want to see the snow/ice sculptures. I think that would be cool. Gotta grab the opportunity to do all these things - who knows where I'll be next year?

Today is also the last day of Chinese New Year. Toddle loo to the celebrations for my year.. *sigh*. It only felt like New Year's for a day. I guess that's what happens when you are a student and when you live in a city that isn't Chinese?

Speaking of celebrations, Valentine's day is this week. I keep forgetting. HAHAHAHAH!!! I actually find that I'm in a very anti-valentine's day mood this year. Not because of anything to do with my relationship, but more because it's so darn commercialized it feels like it's so fake! Actually, I can't say I really associate Valentine's day with anything terribly positive. Perhaps this is a contributing factor to my attitude. At least I've got an idiographic view point. (HAHAHAHA.. Idiographic/Nomothetic are two words that are being stressed in my schooling & society course - I've been trying to incorporate them into my essay that I've been writing this weekend :P)

BTW, for anyone who gets a chance, watch the movie "Ciao Professore". It's an Italian movie with English subtitles about a professor and how he deals with teaching in a poor city called Corsano. It's a great watch, really enjoyed it (our essays were based around this film & a reading).

Alright. That's it for now. Happy to see the Sun Shining today!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had been cheerfully ignoring the fact that Valentine's day was coming. Now you have mentioned it and brought me crashing back to reality...

I think I am going to go cry now *sob*

Thanks for the movie tip, after looking the movie up I certainly want to see it.

 
At 9:37 a.m., Blogger Jordan said...

You think you've got it bad? I'll likely be going out to a nice Valentine's Day dinner with Nathan. I'd better go digging for a nice heterosexual T-shirt. Maybe something with a monster truck on it...

 
At 11:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never made an issue out of Valentines day, good or bad. The only specific thing I remember is buying Georges throwing knives that first year we were going out, and he got an awful haircut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home