Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Stress is Starting to Get to Me

Ok.. this is not good. It's only the end of January and I'm feeling an immense pressure right now. This term seems to be so much more stressful than last. The assignments seem to take more time, we have more presentations that are longer and are harder to prepare for, the pressure of applying for jobs and applying for the college of teacher's, etc. To make matters worse, the whole thing with people in my section is making me stress out. We seem to be constantly circling around the topics of ethnicities, equality, sensitivity which make ME feel really sensitive. I think it hits a sort of sore spot for me and whenever we (I really should say they) start discussing it during class, I want to either crawl into a hole or run away so that I don't have to hear it. (How very mature of me eh?)... *SIGH*

Onto a more cheerful subject. Congrats to Jeff who is now "master Jeff". Boy.. what is he going to be like when he gets his PhD and becomes Dr. Jeff... hehe! Hope you have a great time celebrating on Friday :)


Alright, I have more work to do.. Maybe I'll go watch a movie tonight or something.. I need to get away from all of this stuff.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is a couple of posts behind already, (oops), but next time something comes up, I think you should say something about it. Especially if you're the only minority there. It's fine to have a non-minority talk about minority issues, its another to have a minority say something about it. It's your opinion after all, even if it goes against what they say. At the least it sounds like they'll see something their missing, like it or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home