Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's Starting Again..

Yes, procrastination is back (or was it ever gone?) :P I found out from a couple of my friends from class that we have readings for this coming week's class.. *joy*! I went out and got myself some of the course packs (drat it, even though I started to get my textbooks together before Christmas, I'm STILL missing some course packs and textbooks!! ARGH!!).. and I've managed to read all of a few pages.. HEHE.. it's going to be a long term.

This weekend was composed mainly of sleeping and going out. I went to an interview skills workshop yesterday morning and then downtown. Was planning on coming back to the apartment and going back to bed, but my friends called while we were at the Rideau Mall so we ended up going out for Pho Bo Ga (Vietnamese food). Speaking of the Rideau Centre, I got a really good deal yesterday!! (Pretty much my only purchase during this whole boxing day event thing) I purchased a cardigan from Eddie Bauer. Original price: $98 + Tax, My Price:$44 - 50% + Tax YUPPPPPPPI!! Can you say bargain or what!

I've also been eyeing some shirts at Jacob.. I had previously bought one before Christmas (I was in serious need for sweaters that were more professional looking).. got that for $19. Apparantly the sweater is carried in various colours, but they are now selling for $29 (and the colour I have is still on for $19).. go figure???

Anyways, enough about clothes shopping. Yesterday, we were very close to going to Camp Fortune to go downhill skiing. I'm not really regretting not going since it was pretty cold yesterday (and we were planning to go for night skiing!!). Perhaps another week.

Today, I believe we are going to go skating on the Rideau Canal. It's finally open. I'm excited.. I don't think I went skating at all last year and I miss it. Plus, I've never gone skating on the Canal before, so it'll be fun!

Ottawa has this Winterlude in February.. just took a look at the website.. looks like it's pretty big: snow sculptures, ice sculptures, snow bowling, triathalon (which we might take part in!), etc. It'll help cheer the gloomy month of February up :)


Chinese New Year is just around the corner. This year, it's on January 29th. My friends and I are planning to celebrate with a dinner party (this seems familiar, have I already posted this??) and perhaps attend a stage show presented by the Chinese Cultural association here in Ottawa. We've had a lot of discussion as to what we'll do besides the dinner (and a lot of discussion about what types of desserts we will be eating with this dinner).. I'm assuming we will only come to a solid conclusion the day before CNY ...HEHEHHEHE.. as usual :P

Alrighty, that's it for now.. Have a nice and warm and sunny week everyone!

2 Comments:

At 5:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you got the colour that no one else wanted? Hahahaha

 
At 8:15 p.m., Blogger jaryee said...

perhaps everyone just has poor taste except for me :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home