Saturday, December 31, 2005

Farewell 2005!

Well, new year's eve night right now. I have to start gettign ready to head out in a few minutes but after surfing through a couple of friend's webpages, I ended up back at my own blog. I was reading some of my entries through last year. Lots of thoughts. But we won't get into that now ;)

First, I'd like to excuse my grammatical errors in my blog. HEHEHHE.. as most of you can probably tell, I don't go back and re-read my entries before I post!!! Also, excuse me if I some of my thoughts are all chopped up.. I tend to become very "blurred" when it comes to remembering what I've already said or what I haven't already said!! teeheehee.. *guilty smile*

I'm going to be going to the Hilltop tonight to celebrate for a bit with some of my high school friends. Afterwards, we may or may not head over to Ricmond's house to wait for the count down. Who knows, maybe we'll stay at the Hilltop though that's really doubtful. It'll probably be the last time I'll get to see Ricmond until our next meeting (which will be in who knows how long).

Anyways, back to the reason I wanted to make an entry tonight. I was talking to Vern this morning and we were discussing how life can change so drastically over a period of 5 years. Who knew some of us would be where we are back in 2000! I mean, take one friend for example, I would have figured he would be working on his PhD by now.. but he doesn't want to (kudos to him for pursuing what he wants to do!!) and he's now working at RIM. Even for myself, I look at my entries last year and think back at how life was last year compared to this year - big differences. Although I don't think I've changed overly much as a person, life has changed a lot. The things I'm working towards are different, though I'm still interested in the same things. I guess that's what makes life exciting, oui?

I was also telling Vern today that I would sort of be interested in looking into the future..finding out where I'd be 5 years from now. In one way, I hope it would be comforting to know that things turn out OK.. but on the other hand, it makes me very nervous (goosebumps thinking about) to think of the more negative things that will hit over the next 5 years. I mean, a lot can happen in 5 years.. esp judging on what's occured in the past 5 years! It'd be nice to be able to find some personal way to commemorate some of the losses that I experienced over the last while.. at least to be able to really find some way to come to terms with them....

Anyhow.. enough of the darkish talk. I hope that everyone has a fine time welcoming in the new year, but more importantly, that this year is a better year than last. Maybe a really great new year's resolution is to take time to count our blessings more often.. afterall, we have so much to be thankful for!

Cheers to 2006 Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home