Friday, December 02, 2005

OHh ya.. A Semi-Long Weekend!

Yuppi!! Today is Friday! Actually, it's been a slack week but I'm still happy :P I only have 2 hours of "work" today - it's professional development day throughout the school board and our school is doing a 2 hour thing on assessment techniques. We're also being served breakfast which is probably going to take up a portion of the 2 hours.. mmm wonder exactly how much professional development will be received?

Yesterday we held "student led conferences". Something similar to parent/teacher interviews except that students do most of the talking. The present their portfolio of work done throughout the term (selecting the "This is my best ____" and the "I can improve most on _____" types of work). This makes them accountable for the quality of work they've done. Each student must do this some time or another. It was interesting seeing what the parents were like for some students. Surprising in some cases, and not so suprising in others. It told me a lot about their backgrounds which will help me understand them better. The highlight of my day was when I was actually introduced to one parent..hehe.. since it's a grade 7 homeroom class and I don't teach them, not all of them are that familiar with me. (could have hugged that kid).

Anyway going to spend the rest of today shopping! Not that I have a lot of $$ to shop with.. but it will be nice to get out and about. Rented a car and will have the freedom of the bus for a few hours. YA!

Alright.. gota get moving or else I'm going to miss the bus and be in trouble. Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home