Monday, November 14, 2005

9pm = bedtime!

Darn it! I missed the 9:30 deadline to get to bed. HEHE.. it's so pathetic, my aim to get to bed becomes earlier and earlier each week. I actually made it to bed around 9:30ish last night but I think I only fell asleep at 10pm then promptly awoke at 11:30pm in a state of a blur. Needless to say, I was tired when the alarm went off this morning (big surprise).

Jeff mentioned to me that I didn't explain what Summit is! That's the school I've been placed at! opps..! It's actually 2 schools in one, one regular school and one alternative school. I'm at the alternative school. It's only grades 7 and 8s at these schools. An alternative school isn't a bad thing - it's based on constructivist learning - meaning that the students do more hands on activities and get to take a lot more field trips. It's been pretty interesting so far. The teachers try to get the students to do things that aren't just out of the textbook so each week I've been there, there's always been something special going on which always gives some spice to things.

The weather predicts snow this week - I'm excited! (Don't tell anyone though!). Hopefully the weather won't be too cold.. it's been making me think I need to buy a better winter coat (as if I need MORE things added to my list of things I need to buy - grrr..). It's been pretty chilly in Ottawa the last few weeks and winter hasn't even hit yet. *Sigh*

It's the last week of classes and it's an INSANE week. There are at least 4 assignments due this week, a unit plan to detail out for next week, assignments to create, marking schemes to think about, errands to run, scholarships to apply for and a bed that is crying for my attention!

I hope that I can take it easy this weekend. Comeon.. give me a weekend!? I hope to go browse around some shops.. maybe start my Christmas shopping (Christmas is full blown in the malls around here and it was making me feel like I was going to start hyperventilating this afternoon while I was looking for a pillow (old pillow = neck hurts)). Plus, I plan to go watch Harry Potter :D I'm excited! I am a big Harry Potter fan! I still haven't read the half blood prince though.. it's sitting on my night stand waiting to be opened but I haven't dared to start it yet because I'm afraid I won't do anything else if I do!!

Ahhh.. just thinking of that book is making me think of how fast Christmas vacation is going to fly by. I was talking to my mom this evening and I was saying that I was contemplating skipping the first two days of classes (since I'll only have two days of classes and then Thursday and Friday are off ...) and staying at home for a few extra days before flying back here. Man, it's going to whip by so fast.. :( (OK, PATHETIC - vacation hasn't started and I'm already dreading that it's going to go fast.)

Alright, it's almost 10pm, my eyes are getting really tired. I've been so good this evening .. I'm going to BED! GOOD NIGHT!

2 Comments:

At 7:07 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also having problems keeping to the deadline to get to bed. Of course, the deadline I set is 02:00. I'm not doing well, usually it's 03:00 before I get to bed.

 
At 6:03 p.m., Blogger jaryee said...

lol.. 2am! WOW! I haven't done that in ages! (well, maybe on weekends - but I probably shouldn't be doing that)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home