Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Feeling Beat

Man.. you'd think that after Thanksgiving weekend I would be refreshed and ready to get at school work again.. hmm.. you guessed it, I'm NOT!! :P

I went to school this morning feeling very drowsy and tired.. it might have been the turkey last night?? I don't know. This past weekend was pretty busy - went for a walk around the Green Belt (a rich old lady donated a piece of land to the city in her will stating that it was not to be touched for development but was to remain a natural area for wildlife) and had a fun time feeding chickadees (birds) and spotting some beavers (cool!). Following that, we had a BBQ which had been postponed from Friday night because of rain to celebrate two friends' birthdays. On Sunday, we went for another hike in Gatineau Park. It was a semi gloomy day but it was fun anyways. We had a late lunch/early dinner at a hong kong style restaurant at around 5:30pm (OH MY!!) ..heheh.. it was amusing because we all joked that it was too early for dinner and that we'd be hungry later and it ended up happening.. since everyone was already home by then and all too lazy to come out again, I think some people starved the night away.. hehehe!!

We had our Thanksgiving dinner Monday evening since we purchased the turkey on Sunday night (talk about procrastination).. it was a fairly simple dinner but it was all good.

Anyways, thats my weekend summary. Onto my complaints about school.. hehehe! I finally got my placement information today.. I'm going to be doing my internship/student teaching at a school called Fisher Park Public School for grades 7-8 (*gasp*) teaching Computer Science, History (*GASP*) and Geography (*gasp*) (suffocation is happening over here at the moment). I think my teacher mentor is a good teacher (I'm grasping as straws here but I saw his name down on various activities in their school newsletter so I'm assuming he's enthusiastic which leads me to believe he's good). I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and so should all of you!) that my experience will be a positive one and I won't come home sobbing and wailing about the students. Actually, pray for me people!

Besides practicum placement, I'm beginning to realize that I'm drowning in work. I've tons of projects due and the readings aren't letting up!! ARGgggggggghhhhhh.. I don't know where I'm going to find time to do all this stuff once student teaching begins.. I won't be able to rely on Thursdays & Fridays anymore *SOB*.

Another thing I want to complain about is that I don't get a March Break this year!!!!!!!! That means, I'll have no break from January - April!!! :O Hmm. I guess being a teacher means sacrifice so I'd better get used to this.

On a brighter note, I have booked my plane ticket home for Christmas and am now official broke (ok, maybe not so bright). I'll be flying back on the 18th of Dec and departing again on the 2nd of January (class starts up on the 3rd - ugh!) - this information is for any of you who care to know :P

OK, I have a textbook sitting under my arms as I type.. as my math prof is saying "it's not going to get transferred into your brain through osmosis, read it!!".

Just a person who wishes that she could sleep......
JY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home