Thursday, September 15, 2005

Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!

I really should be moving my butt and getting ready to go to school at the moment, but I'm feeling a bit slow moving this morning. :P

Last night I started to get myself organized. After reflecting (omg..) about the time I'm going to have once my practicum (student teaching) starts, I started to realize I'd better get my things in order and even start working on projects and assignments that are due in November if possible! Many people I've talked to are saying the same thing: they are exhausted after three days of classes and they have no idea how they are going to handle the work load once practicum starts.

Anyhow.. I did a little summary of all things due (well, as much as possible, some profs haven't been clear about readings and due dates yet) and the schedule (see above) is really packed. Ugh. What to do..

On the less whinier note, I had an interesting class yesterday. Someone from the Ottawa-Carlton school board came in to give us a presentation on "Everest: The Climb to Higher Learning 2005". This project was intensely interesting and made me feel really enthusiastic about being a more technology oriented teacher. Six schools from Ottawa followed the Mount Everest climb of a woman from Ottawa this past year. Wow. One of the big aspects of this project was technology. They used satelite phone, video conferencing, emails, instant messaging, online journals, digital pictures, video clips, etc. to communicate with her during her climb. Additionally, a whole bunch of curriculum was integrated into this project (such as learning about oxygen levels, the culture of Nepal, etc.). A fantastic project that blew me away. I hope I can be involved with something like that when I begin teaching! For any of you that are interested, the website for this project is here.

Anyways, I'd better get moving along. Gotta get to school to run an errand and meet my group members to discuss our project (I really feel like vegging today *sigh*).

Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home