Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday Mornings.. UGH

Its Monday and I have an early morning (8am) class - joy! HEHE.. anyways, the prof let us out really early today (because half the class didnt have the course materials so we couldnt go over the readings and since it was the first class for this course).. so here I am in the Learning Resource Centre (Ooo la la.. education students have their own library, MAC and PC labs!!) typing away my time.. BTW, FYI this is a French keyboard and I have no idea how to make apostrophes appear so bear with me please).

I just went out for a mini walk around campus .. I was hoping to try to learn my way around campus (which is slowly happening) and I realized that I am still having a 'hard' time (YA!! I figured out how to make apostrophes!!) getting used to seeing so many Chinese people. Now, let me clarify. Not Chinese in the sense that they've just arrived from overseas but Chinese in the sense of CBC's (Chinese Born Canadians NOT the Canadian Broadcasting Council :P). Every CBC I come across in Fredericton, 99% of the time I've known them for pretty much my entire life.. it's definitely different here!!

Classes are going well so far. Lots of reading and I've already got some assignments due. I'm still not keen on this class participation thing... I wonder if I'll ever get used to having to speak up in class! (Can't figure out where the question mark key is). I tend to stay quiet unless I'm forced into speaking.. and I hate being forced to volunteer information if I'm not comfortable. On the other hand, being a "to be" teacher, I can understand why they want us to participate.. *sigh* my dilemma... Ho hum.. gotta live with it for another 8 months.. it's not that bad, right!

Alright, I have to go. Time for a washroom break and then I'm off to my 2nd class of the day (HAHAHAH.. this is what happens when your classes are 3.5 hours each!!)

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home