Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Snow!?

This will be a short post since I have 10 minutes to spare before leaving the apartment this morning :)

My practicum went OK.. nothing overly spectacular but nothing bad. My mentor teacher is really nice and seems like a really interesting teacher.. I think I'll learn from him. Most importantly, he makes it comfortable to be around and I think he'll be supportive of anything I try which is the most encouraging thing. The students aren't that big!! Heheh.. I guess it must be because I've aged.. they are not that intimidating and when I look at them, I think they seem naive about the world around them even though some of them think they know a lot. Most of them seem to be pretty nice and some seem to be eager to get to know me :D Hopefully all will continue to go well as the weeks go on.

Snow is forecasted to fall tonight and tomorrow. Wow. I wonder if we'll get a huge snow storm early on this year and be one of those cities that gets covered in snow with school cancelled and we get to be on the news??! hehehe.. This reminds me, now that I'm back at school, I get to be like a student again, anxiously turning on the radio in the morning to see whether school has been cancelled or not.. ahh.. the good ol days of school cancellation - FOND MEMORIES!!!

Classes are getting to be increasingly more boring (for the most part). Lots of students are actually starting to skip classes even though we were told over and over again that attendance is compulsory (since we have so few hours of in class instruction). Ho hum.. if I had no math presentation this afternoon.......

I have recently been shopping around for a pair of shoes. My clogs are driving me nuts and I need a decent pair of shoes. Argh. Clothes are expensive! I'm also in the position where I need more dress clothes since I have to be dressing all "teacher-ish" ... but does JY have money to spend on clothes.. noooo!!!!! Boo!! Bah Humbug!

Anyways, I've written more than I thought I could write in 10 minutes - yay! It's time to go walk to the bus station (boo! I'm getting sick of walking there already!!).. have a nice and HEALTHY day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home