Monday, November 07, 2005

Ahh??

It's been a while since I've last posted..hehehe.. sorry.. it's been hectic (I know, I know.. I keep saying that..but it's true!!)

Anyways, I recovered from my cold but it left me really tired for a while. I've been over it for about 2 weeks now and now my roommate is down with it.. (a different one mind you!!).. man.. I hope I don't catch it too!! It seems to just circulate.. *ugh* I have decided that I WILL get a flu shot this year even though I am sort of at odds with whether its good for me or not. I just cannot afford to get sick.. no TIME to be sick!

One piece of exciting news is that my friend (ex co-worker) just had her baby! Congratulations to Kimi even though she will never read this (she's not a huge fan of the computer). I had heard her water broke on Thursday and didn't have a clue of when she gave birth until today (I assumed she had already given birth by Sunday.. duh). I was about 95% sure she was going to have a girl even though nobody could confirm it (the person who did her ultrasound had hugely hinted that it was going to be a girl). Ah.. I can't believe it's already been 9 months and she's now a mom! Wow.. the miracle of life still cannot get through to my thick brain.

Besides all that excitement.. not too much has been happening. My placement is pretty interesting.. each week there has been at least one exciting and not so usual activity happening at the school. Last week it was Halloween so they had a dance in the afternoon, this past week we went on a field trip one afternoon with the grade 8's to a "world of work" fair which gave them ideas of what careers they could have if they didn't want to go to university and this week we'll be having an assembly for Remembrance Day (yes, there is no day off for Remembrance Day in Ottawa!!).

I am now preparing a unit to teach to the grade 8 classes (3 classes). The unit is in Geography and is about Migration. It should be interesting. As of yet, I'm not really comfortable with the grade 8's, mainly because I don't really know them. Funny enough, I have gotten to know the grade 7's better. Mostly because they have computer classes which actually allow for me to help them whereas I haven't even seen the grade 8's as much as I see the grade 7's! (They are on a 6 day cyle as we once used back in the days of Junior High.)

I'm beginning to really look forward to going home for Christmas. I'm ready for a vacation (time to sleep and relax), looking forward to some of my mom's food, looking forward to seeing my family and friends (and that new baby!!). I didn't anticipate this one: I actually really miss the community.. especially the CCANB community. I guess I worked with them so closely just up to before I left that I miss seeing them each week and talking to people about how they are doing. I really miss the kids too.

Speaking of all this missing.. I can't say I've had a dose of homesickness yet. I mean, I do miss my family and home but not to the extent where I'm miserable. It was hard to leave.. but after I arrived, it wasn't bad. I think it's partially because I've got friends here, that I'm older now, and that I've been so busy that I haven't had time to dwell on anything negative! It has made me feel more guilty about not writing to people though!

Anyways, I better stop here.. I'm already feeling sleepy.. see .. 9pm and my body is urging me to go to bed. It gets earlier and earlier every week.. really pathetic!! Three weeks ago.. I was exhausted at 1am (and I mean drop dead exhausted.. not just "Yawn, I'm tired" exhausted!), two weeks ago, I was exhausted at 10pm, this past weekend.. 8pm!! I am going to have huge problems if this continues......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home