Friday, November 25, 2005

TGIF Has Never Been More Meaningful

Ok.. maybe that's a slight exaggeration (my title). Regardless, it's been a long and EXHAUSTING week. Even though I had a general idea as to how hard it is to teach, I never realized HOW many things you have to think about while teaching!! It's not just presenting, but the classroom management part of it is overwhelming.

This week has been overwhelming. Monday seems like an eternity ago. I got off to a rough start since my mentor teacher wasn't there and I had a supply teacher with me. Plus, I started off with the class that is known to be the most social and a lot of time was spent waiting, shhing and glaring. Turns out, half of them had gone of their behaviour logs that day so it just meant another reason to go wild. Since I don't have much time to write this morning, I'll just say, I actually really enjoy this class.. they are very bright, animated and are full of really great kids.. and they are back to really good behaviour these past few days.

The first few days of teaching left me with anxious, stressed and very tired. I have been going to bed at 9:30pm every night and I'm still waking up with large black bags under my eyes. Great eh? My plan for the weekend (well, at least tomorrow) is to sleep ALL DAY. I deserve it!!

Gotta get moving.. ciao. Pray for me people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home