Thursday, December 15, 2005

Today + Tomorrow

Count down has begun. Actually, it began a long time ago. :P It's down to the last two days of first term practicum. I can hardly believe it, yet I'm also excited to be finished. Even though this practicum has been a good learning experience, things are going better than they were originally and I'm getting along well with the students, I don't think Middle school is the place for me. Hopefully next term's placement will be within an Elementary school where I will be more at home.

For those that are curious, evaluation was really not much. I didn't get a whole lot of feedback from my reflective group leader.. only positives, which sort of took me by surprise. I figured she'd have some suggestions at least? Oh well. She said it looked like I had a good handle on the class *shock*! I always feel like I have some control, but not 100% control. Somedays are worse than others if I let a few things slide. I still have to learn to have a fit and perhaps some tantrums in front of the class (shock effect). Beh.. it's hard to do when there's another adult in the room and when you aren't really teaching your own class.

The weather predicts a snow storm today and tomorrow.. no chance that school would be cancelled? Actually, that'd probably throw my plans really off course. Two classes get a quiz on my last day... isn't that nice for them? ;)

Alrighty, Ciao!

JY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home