Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sleepiness Bearing Down on Me

My last day came and went quickly. We actually had a "snow day" on Friday (different from the meaning of "snow day" in NB). Many school buses were cancelled, but since schools are not cancelled, teachers are obligated to get to school. With my school, most of the students take the OC Transpo (public bus) or get rides from their parents, so the absentee list wasn't as high as I anticipated. It was a nice way to end in a way because it didn't feel as chaotic as it usually did.

We had a small pizza party for the teachers at our school at lunch time which was really nice because it was the first time we all squeezed in together in the office. That evening, there was a staff Christmas party which I went to for over an hour - man, who knew teachers could be THAT noisy!? When you went in, there was this roar of noise, you could barely make out what the person next to you was saying unless they put their mouth near your ear! GEE! I bet none of them would have been able to get the whole room's attention unless they knew how to whistle really loudly. Anyways, that was pretty enjoyable, had some nice chats with some of the teachers.

Saturday was spent running errands, visiting Costco and going to see King Kong. I originally hadn't planned on going to watch this movie, but got sucked into going with my friends. It turned out to be pretty good although my only complaint is that it was so incredibly long during the jungle scene that I was starting to get irritated. I mean, dinosaurs are enough, do you REALLY need to have giant insects and these alien looking worms too!? Come'on.. it didn't need to be a 3 hour movie!!

I spent the majority of the day waiting for planes on Sunday. Our flight from Ottawa to Montreal was all of 40 minutes which felt amazingly like 10 minutes. I really hate small planes though! I was starting to feel a bit clastrophobic in there.. lucky enough I had my Harry Potter book to keep me occupied. I was throughly tired when we arrived home. Two friends called that evening which made me feel pretty special ;)

I have been INCREDIBLY tired these past two days. Each time I take a nap, I can't seem to wake up! Maybe the term has just caught up to me? Who knew that my body would be this tired though.. I thought I was doing pretty good getting to bed on time every night..HAHAHAH!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.. meeting up with some of those yg guys and Jeff later this week. It shall be enjoyable to see everyone once again. Ah look, Jeff is online with his "(Fredericton)" sign.. (I should continue talking about him to see if I can get a response out of him).

Oh.. just thought of something I should definitely do over the holidays (get ready to find work!).. better go do something productive. Take care everyone and Happy Holidays to one and all!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:16 a.m., Blogger slaw said...

awwww...u guys all went back home...and I'm alone on the west :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home