Friday, January 13, 2006

Week 2 - Done.

I'm suppose to be working on two assignments (more if possible), reading, working on my resume/coverletter, and putting together my portfolio (and probably other stuff that I can't think of at the moment). But what am I doing? Writing an entry here..HEHEHEHEHEH

Yesterday, I ran errands for FIVE HOURS. GAH. I had to go to the registrar's office to submit my application to graduate (retarded, they have no online system of doing this), go to the police office to submit a request for a criminal record check (yet again.. as if I've had TIME to commit a crime in the past 6 months :P), get groceries at both Loeb and the Chinese Groceries place, go get a course pack at Envirocopy (and now I need to go back there all because I forgot to buy one of the coursepacks I need.. grrrr), go to Agora Books to check out whether the last missing textbook I need is available there (cheaper than our campus bookstore), get cue cards at Dollarama, and lastly, get stamps and mail a bunch of applications. BOY were my feet sore. (BTW, it really sucks not having a car).

Job applications are on my mind these days. They are starting to take over my calmity - even though I have limited amounts as it is. Getting the resume to all fit onto two pages is hard, getting it properly worded, putting in experience that school boards want, etc. is very frustrating sometimes. I have lots to put on my resume, but not enough space!!!! Boy, what a change from 3 years ago. I also still have to get a cover letter written AND make my portfolio more presentable. I'm not even sure what a portfolio should consist of!??!?! Gosh dang it.

Lately I've also been sending in applications. Application to the Ontario Teacher's College to allow them to put me down as a pending licensed teacher (this requires lots of additional paperwork - transcripts, criminal record check, proof of identification, etc..). I've also had to apply to this thing called QECO COEQ which basically rates us in terms of our education to determine what pay level we should obtain when we get a job. Also applied to take some additional courses this summer so that I can get some additional qualifications such as special education. My poor, poor, POOR bank account :(

Another thing I have been pondering is where I'll be this summer. My lease is up at the end of June so I'll have to move somewhere. Perhaps I'll move in with some of my friends with houses for a bit. It's very up in the air at the moment.. if I find a job elsewhere, I shouldn't sign a 1 year lease.. but I'll be homeless at the end of June... :S Dilemmas..

Alright.. I should either get back to work or be more productive by going back to bed *grin*
Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home