Sunday, March 19, 2006

Basking in the Glory of Finished Assignments

YAHOO! I'm done my assignments! (haha.. delayed Yahoo, I finished on Friday). I'm laughing now because there are still quite a lot of people in my class that still have assignments to submit.. hehehe.. aren't I nasty?

Anyhow, I'm now starting to get ready to teach. Working on a unit for Motion (Science) and one for Fractions. I hope to get my class involved in a wind turbine competition put on by the school board (my science teacher is running it). It should be good promo for the school and for myself..hehehe! It'll be fun too. (That's the bonus??)

Besides planning all these units (I still have yet to figure out what I'm going to teach for Language Arts, Visual Arts and Technology), I'm also trying to get my teacher's portfolio in order. One of the biggest problems is that I don't really know what an impressive portfolio resembles?? Is it suppose to look very colourful and interesting or should it look very professional and clean? Hmm. Perhaps a combination for both is in order? BLEH. This is why I ordered a book off Amazon about portfolios! (it hasn't come yet).

I'm so impressed with myself today. I finished my application to the Calgary school board and submitted an application to become an Educational Technology Integrator here in Ottawa. To date, I believe I have applied to about 10 boards/jobs! (side note: my organizational skills are just too great..hahahah!!!) OK. Enough JY.. Anyways, still a few boards to watch out for.. they haven't released their job postings yet, so I'm waiting. I really only have one more job application to submit before I'm caught up to what I had planned for.

Lately I have been watching some documentaries from National Geographic. They are so interesting! I've become especially interested in those discussing Africa. I watched one about the African Sahara and one on travelling around Africa (Tanzania and Zanzibar). I think it'd be so cool to get to go learn about their lives, especially those living out in the jungles. I'm not sure I'd be fit to do it, but it's still very interesting.

Anyways, time for groceries, ciao people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home