Thursday, April 06, 2006

Can't Believe it's April

Well. Time has flown once again. I swear, teaching is like being in a time warp. In the blink of an eye, a month has flown by.. and in another 2 weeks, I'll be finished practicum. Wow. *Gulp*.

I'm having a great time at my school. I feel like I can help out so much more at this school than my last one (perhaps because the staff was bigger and it was a more well off school). There are just countless things I could get involved with.. now to find time to do it! I'm currently involved with getting the school website a new face (actually, more like totally making it .. it was pretty bare before). I'm thinking of helping my mentor teacher with organizing the resource room (a pretty big effort actually), and maybe asking some local companies for some donations in the form of sports equipment. AND, I'd like to volunteer for the rest of the year once I'm done all these workshops I have scheduled.

Anyways, hopefully all my work will pay off sweetly in the form of a job.. hehehe. Back to what I was trying to talk about. My class is working on a Motions science unit.. boy.. talk about slow.. we've been working on 3 labs (in the form of workstations) for about 5 days now!! I'm really behind in my schedule!! I'm going to get them to do these paper animations where there is a sheep standing on a box and it's nodding it's head.. it has to do with gears, cranks and different types of motions.. I think they'll be excited.. heck, I'm excited looking at it! (but it's so much prep!!)

In math the other day, I showed them a powerpoint about Improper vs. Mixed fractions. They were really excited.. in fact, they asked me to show it to them again because they didn't "understand".. heheh.. how adorable! It's funny though, in University, everyone is *YAWN* when it comes to Powerpoint, and in Elementary, it's "like watching a movie!!".. gotta love kids!

Anyways, I gotta get moving, 7:20, must go catch my bus. (Boy, I'm so impressed with myself, I get up at 6:30AM to be at school for 7:40AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ciao!
JY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home