Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Exhausted...

Yikes.. this week is flying! Two more days and I've completed my 2nd and last practicum. It's exciting (yet a tad scary) to think that I will be a full fledged teacher in 2 more weeks!!!!! (Now, if only I can find a job to accompany that certification...)

This past weekend was busy, busy, busy. I've been working on my teaching materials a lot and additionally been preparing some of the students in my class for the Wind Warriors 2006 competition. We are building two pictoturbines (wind turbines) for Saturday's competition put on by the Ottawa-Carlton District School Board. Wish us luck! I've been scratching my head trying to come up with alternate designs.. but so far.. it's been tough! Plus, time has NOT been a friend.

Anyways, I've heard a couple of things from the kids that lead me to believe that they like me..hehehe. For example, last week when my supervisor was in to evaluate me, one student gave me a testimonial by saying "Miss Tan is so cool!" and when asked why, she said "because she always does cool stuff with us!".

I wish I had more time this time round.. I feel like we've sped through everything. I could do so much more with them, especially in Math - 1 hour doesn't feel like enough time!! (Though I'm sure they feel that it's sufficient) :P

OK, that's it for now. Just a post to let you know I'm still alive :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home