Sunday, May 22, 2005

Touched

Well, well! I certainly got surprised yesterday! Yesterday morning, my family and I went to Saint John for dim sum (no, that's not the surprise - that was planned!) We had a nice brunch and then headed to Old Navy/Pier 1 Imports to browse.. none of us bought anything except my brother who got a pair of insoles for his shoes (ooo .. what an item!) Anyways, then we headed home because there wasn't much that we wanted to do (plus, I think everyone wanted to take a nap - it's been raining all the time lately and it's just such beautiful nap weather!!)

Anyways, that evening, I thought I was just going out for a simple dinner. Of course, low and behold, when we reached the Dip, there were some other friends there. At first, I didn't realize that they were there to celebrate my birthday, I thought it was just a coincidence?! I only started to figure it out after more people arrived .. hahaha.. I'm so slow!! Anyways, it was really sweet of my friend(s) for planning that for me.. I'm truly touched and it's a birthday I won't forget! "Miss Turtle" - you really surprised me, and you are just too sweet!! What can I say, probably my last birthday in this city - what a nice way "ending"!

I just did 45 minutes of cardio (I felt so bloated last night after eating dim sum, a big salad (yummy - it's my latest fad that has lasted for over a year now.. hhehehe), a piece of cheese cake that was bought by my friend for me (thanks RJ!!), AND a cheesecake that was made by CE & Turtle for me as a birthday cake.. gahhhh..!! Anyways, point is: I ate a lot this weekend and I felt the need to burn some fat :P Gah! BTW, if you haven't tried it, I think Yoga is really great for releasing tension (yes, mentally and physically) and seems to help with burning fat. My theory is because the main focus is on breathing so maybe that has something to do with your metabolism?? (I don't really know, it's just my foolish guess :P)

Alright, gotta go shower and get ready for meeting #1 of the day. Thanks again to all my friends for helping me celebrate yeseterday!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home