Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Despondent and Disheartened

Well, its now mid July and I'm still jobless for September. After a conversation with my mother about my plans for this coming school year, I feel totally and utterly defeated. I hope this feeling goes away. It's just that, after applying to sooooooooooo many jobs, shouldn't I have at least received ONE interview!? I mean, I've had so many people review my resume and cover letter and nobody seems to be able to tell me why I'm not receiving any contact from schools! WHY!? I know I can do the job, just give me a chance! :(

I'm quickly approaching the final few days of my last ABQ (additional basic qualification) course. Can't wait to finish. Just want to get the work done. I resorted to going to Starbucks this morning to doing my work. Yesterday (or I should say the day before yesterday - Monday), I sat down with the ernest intention of doing work, but all I felt was sleepy (and this is me just a bit after getting up - late!). I'm not sure what it is, perhaps the weather (muggy, humid and hot) or perhaps its me not having a proper desk to sit at to do my work?? Anyways, I managed to get quite a bit accomplished at Starbucks today, so I was quite happy with myself.

I can hardly believe that it's already mid July. Though summer vacation has only been a few weeks for people in the public schools, it feels like it's almost over for me. I feel the impending doom of September bearing down on me (what a good title that would have made!). I will be supply teaching in the fall if nothing else comes up. I'm so skeptical at this point that I will land a job. Bugger. I'm not really prepared for supply teaching, but I guess I should get to it. After this week is over I am going to try to tackle some of the tasks I have been putting off (i.e., preparing for interviews and figuring out my plan of action for this coming year (BUDGET!!!)).

Alright. Enough. I'm going to go to sleep and hope my mood drastically changes for the better by tomorrow morning (or afternoon!). As they say, it's a new day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home