Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lots to Do and Plan

It's suppose to be calmer these days! When I think of all the things I need to do, I start to get all tense. Take this morning for example. In the middle of slowly coming to consciousness, a thought popped into my head: I have an assignment due on May 13th which is THIS WEEK. GEE. I thought it was a few weeks from now!! Dang it. More things to do.

On top of my two courses (which take a lot of time keeping up to date - there are some people who seem to live on the website because you can not visit for one day and there will be 30 new posts waiting to be read.. arggg), I'm in the middle of trying to clean up the apartment (we have our pre-move out inspection tomorrow and I'm presuming they will be showing the unit in the next month or so), pack, apply for jobs, and figure out what I'm going to do in terms of living accomodations. Furniture is also another issue. What to do with it ..

Anyhow, I've decided to move in with one of my friends who are living in a house. There are two places I could move into so I've yet to talk to them to figure everything out. Most of them are telling me not to sign a lease since I've no idea where I'll be in the next few months. Man, I hate living in Limbo - me, the obsessive planner!!

I'm planning to head back to Fton this week for about 2 weeks. Stay there for Mother's Day (oh wow.. it's this Sunday isn't it?) and probably for my Birthday as well. I'll have to be back in time for EQAO (provincial testing) as I told my associate teacher that I'd help out during the last week of May. (Last week of May.. gee.. I'm already having a hard time processing that March is finished and that April has said Bye-bye.. don't ask me to say So long to May yet!!!!).

Speaking of flying time, next month is convocation. Actually, by this time next month I will be graduated and Teacher's College will be completely behind me. I don't think I'll be certified yet though. *SIGH*. Anyway, back to convocation. It's a bit different here at Ottawa U than it was at UNB. We are having our ceremony at the National Arts Centre (NAC) and mine is in the evening. I've heard that it's a long ceremony... *yea*. On top of that, we have to have tickets (yes, they will actually check them) so we can only invite 5 guests. Hmm.. that really limits things but I guess it's better than only 2 guests. I'm not really all that excited for convocation actually.. I'm not sure why. Actually, I think it's the thought of sitting through 3 hours of preaching and blabbing that makes me want to groan and stay at home (hehehe.. that rhymes!!)
Alright, I'd better go. Time for a tiny nap and more work. Ciao!

2 Comments:

At 6:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JY,

On your convocation day, treat yourself and family at Genji Japanese Restaurant (175 Lisgar Street, between Elgin & Metcalfe). Tasty sushi, grilled squid, green tea creme brulee, shrimp tempura, etc etc etc. Highly recommended place for group gathering. BTW, I enjoy reading your dairy and good luck with your future.

 
At 11:05 a.m., Blogger jaryee said...

Thanks for the tip Shasta, I will definitely have to go try it out sometime soon.

Thanks for reading :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home