Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tired and Dazed

Have you ever wondered why one word should go in front of the other just because it sounds good? Take names for example, why does "Betty and Veronica" sound better than "Veronica and Betty" or "Jane and Andrew" and not "Andrew and Jane"? Hmm..Ok.. that's the end of my random thought for this post.

I'm now back in F'ton. Arrived on Sunday morning.. it was a terribly long trip. I had no idea that many people were coming to the Maritimes (or perhaps it people who took trips out of the Maritimes and are all returning??). When I arrived in Montreal, I really, really thought I wasn't going to be able to get onto the bus! There were sooooooooooooooooooo many people lined up to get on.. in fact, they finished loading one bus load of people and then had to get another bus in order to carry everyone! By the time we got to Edmundston, the bus was probably about 90% full! To make matters worse, they probably stopped at every little stop that they could of between Edmundston and Fredericton.. *sigh*. Oh ya, my other complaints are that we had to switch buses at Edmundston, people should really be aware of their smelly feet and snoring, and to not talk so loud when everyone on the bus is sleeping! Lastly, the bus pulled over to the side of the highway twice (well, two different buses on top separate occassions) for no apparent reason?? I am fearing my return trip to Ottawa.

Now that I'm home, I've got a lot of work to do. Job applications and trying to finish up my course work. I've procrastinated long enough.. tomorrow must get down to business!

On Sunday afternoon, (after my tiny little nap that was no where near long enough), my mom dragged me to a bridal shower. Actually, it was really nice to see everyone but I was just so exhausted that I would have chosen sleep over it if given the choice. The wedding reception is going to be on Friday and I'm assuming that there will be even more people from the community in attendance. Ah.. they are all asking when I will be getting married... eeeee... go away, go away, leave me alone!!! (Though they are sweet, one of the ladies already "booked" my bridal shower so that she can play host!!). Ehmm.. it's weird talking about this on my blog. End of discussion.

Speaking of such life alternating business, many of my friends are having babies these days! Just a few days ago, before leaving Ottawa, I was out at the mall trying to buy baby gifts! I have a friend who just gave birth to her 2nd son (Congrats Clara and Howie!), another friend expecting the arrival of his 1st daughter in August, and finally, another friend who is expecting her first baby (boy or girl???) in November! WOW - baby boom II? (yuppi for me if it is, more students to teach!!!!)

Oh, I'm so unbelievably hungry right now. I had dinner at 5:30PM and it's now 12:30AM. Only had some watermelon after dinner (went with a nice walk with my ma-ma so we were hungry when we got back) and that didn't last long. Ahh.. starviinnnnnngggggggg.. what I would give for a big bowl of noddles.. mmmmmm ... yummy *stomach grumbles*. OK.. must stop talking about food. Should sleep .. must lose more weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the job front, still no luck. I sent my resume and cover letter to my previous associate teacher who replied that they looked great and that she didn't know I had so much teaching experience! I'm really happy I got her as an associate teacher, she was really supportive and seems to be also really impressed with me (??).. anyways, it just feels good to know that she believes in my ability! It's just like when people tell me how much their kids like me, I always feel soooo happy! Oh, and this reminds me that a teacher from Taiwan told my parents that I should become a teacher (this was probably back in 2000??).. interesting how that somewhat came true...

OK.. enough bragging (blush)..I'm really hungry, and my only solution is to go to bed so that I can avoid eating. I hope I don't dream of food, because that has happened before.......................

Gnite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home