Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Pretty Surprising Day

It was pretty obvious that my co-workers were planning something yesterday since we were doing the same thing for the teacher a few weeks ago (we surprised her with a babyshower and she was sooo emotional - that's another story). Anyways, we went to lunch at Brewbakers today, I was really surprised that it was as big as it was (hehe..I've never been there!). They gave me a nice card with some really nice things written in there from each person and a gift certificate to Sears. I didn't look at the gift certificate til I got home and I was really surprised at the amount! I expected it to be around $60 or something.. turned out to be $150! Nice eh! That makes $200 in Sears gift certificates now.. (my student gave me another one) .. I wonder what I'll buy with it?? It was a thoughtful gift and I sure need some cash to buy things for my apartment (or maybe for myself..hahah!). I really like the card too (okay, I can't really say I like it more than my gift certificate because that would be a lie, but I like it just as much because it is really sweet!!)

Speaking of my job, there have been some ups and downs this past term with it. Mainly with the amount of work that I have to juggle and some not so understanding situations, but I sure have met some great people there! I'll sure miss seeing my co-workers everyday.. there have been so many fun times with them.

I'm working on a new YG website these days.. actually, I just sort of downloaded a template and started to make changes because I was too lazy/busy to fiddle around with a new design. It's almost done (btw, Jeff, your website won't be lost, it's become an archive and has a special spot in the menu of the new one ^_^). It's nothing really spectacular or flashy, mostly simple and plain - I think the content will be more interesting than the layout!

Yesterday I was looking at the HRDC website and looking for stats about teachers in Ontario, BC and NB (not very successfully). I did come across some information that was saying that Elementary School teachers were being paid nearly the same amount as Seconday School teachers in Ottawa. I was sort of surprised! I guess if you look at it, elementary school teachers may not need as many teachable subjects but they still have to deal with "needier" students, probably very exhausting work. Hmm.. if that's the case, I wouldn't mind being an elementary school teacher!! HEHEHE!!

That's it for now.
Ciao!

JY

1 Comments:

At 2:13 p.m., Blogger slaw said...

Your post reminds me I still have a gift card to Nordstrom.... time to do some shopping :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home