Thursday, June 23, 2005

Tired

These last two weeks have been jammed packed with activities.I'm currently serving on 4 committees and it's all rather exhausting. I think I'm going to the bookstore to get myself an agenda (planner) after work - it's getting to be really hard to keep track of where I'm suppose to be at what time!!

Canada Day is next week and once again we find ourselves in the parade. Once again, we are going to do the dragon dance. On an exciting note, we found a place in China that is selling dragons (I think it's suppose to be a twin set that needs 9 people to maneuver) and the association is looking into purchasing it! One reason is because the one we are currently using is very old and falling apart and the 2nd reason is because our city has finally decided to have dragon boat racing! (too bad I won't be around to participate.. gees man..!!) Anyways, I had originally proposed to the youth group that they should fundraise to purchase a new dragon, lion and drum. It's all turning out to be pretty exciting! We are also going to look into getting some videos so that they can better learn to maneuver the thing and maybe learn some new moves. Training has already started on the little guys (8-10 year olds). It finally looks like the young people in the association (in particular, youth group) are starting to come alive again - yuppi!!

Finally got around to getting my apartment business in place. My friend (fondly called Moe by our friends) have been sort of driving ourselves nuts with the application process. They are asking for lots information that was sort of questionnable. Plus, it seemed thatsome fo the office staff wasn't really all that helpful. It felt like I had been mislead by the agent who showed me the apartment when I was down in Ottawa. Anyways, all in all it's still a good deal and looks like a good place to live. I'm excited about the move and at the same time feeling really lazy when it comes to figuring out what I have to bring down and actually packing it (plus, my mom has been asking me to organize a yardsale- *huge sigh*).

Hmm.. upon reflection.. I think I need a big vacation. Time to just not do ANYTHING. Even after my contract expires, I still have all this volunteering to do. Perhaps it's because it's still early in the day, but I'm having a hard time with my energy level at the moment.

Alright. I have to get to work ..been procrastinating enough, have to face the tedious grant evaluation (I've been working on this for a week and it's driving me MAD!!).

JY

ps./ Keith, it wasn't that I didn't want to meet up.. I was only in the downtown area during the day (I assume you were at work!) and didn't have much time. I wish I could have met up with you and Phil - there's always next time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home